Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

HELP! Multifunction switch pinout needed

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2020, 01:03 PM
Starting Member
Mike Olson is on a distinguished road
Default HELP! Multifunction switch pinout needed

Im in dire need of a pinout/schematic of the multifunction switch. I had to replace it with a junk yard unit but the old connector on my truck had several pins melted, fusing it to the old switch. So I had to cut it. And I cut the wires on the junkyard unit and wired it all up, but I must have gotten a few wires mixed up. I need to know which ones control the wipers/turn signals/brake lights so I can get this straightened out. 2000 Blazer 4.3L 4x4
thanks in advance

Old 05-16-2020, 08:25 AM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Mike Olson
Im in dire need of a pinout/schematic of the multifunction switch. I had to replace it with a junk yard unit but the old connector on my truck had several pins melted, fusing it to the old switch. So I had to cut it. And I cut the wires on the junkyard unit and wired it all up, but I must have gotten a few wires mixed up. I need to know which ones control the wipers/turn signals/brake lights so I can get this straightened out. 2000 Blazer 4.3L 4x4
thanks in advance
If you can't get the schematic for a 2000, PM me and I should be able to get you them for a 1999.

Old 05-16-2020, 08:45 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

C211 is the main steering column connector that has the pins for the ignition switch along with the multifunction switch. Those pinouts can be found in the Anatomy of the Ignition Switch link in my signature and were specific to my 2000 Bravada that I had at the time, but should be applicable to any 98+ S-series.

Below is the wiring diagram for the multifunction switch which is also specific to my old 2000 Bravada, but again should be applicable to any 98+ S-series:

However, the above schematic only really deals with the turn signal side of things. If you need the headlamp dimmer, wipers, etc. I'll have to do more digging.

Snap a picture of your harness. It is very atypical for the multifunction contacts to burn out, but much more common for problems with the main ignition switch contacts as these are prone to high current draws which can accentuate corrosion problems that can cause higher contact resistance in connection points.

If your ignition switch contacts have melted affecting other parts of the harness, you may want to consider harvesting a good connector out of a junkyard with ~12" of wire. De-pin all of the wires from the salvage connector and solder on the wires that are too badly damaged using the wire from the salvaged connector. De-pin the original connector one wire at a time, placing the wires in the correct position on the salvage connector.

*EDIT* - Here are the headlamp dimmer, cruise control, & wiper function wiring schematics for the multifunction switch:

Headlamp Dimmer

Cruise Control

Windshield Wiper