Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Lighting & Electrical (https://blazerforum.com/forum/lighting-electrical-52/)
-   -   High Beam Doesn't work (https://blazerforum.com/forum/lighting-electrical-52/high-beam-doesnt-work-75629/)

mrspeedy69 12-06-2012 01:45 PM

High Beam Doesn't work

I have an 02 LS 4x4 and my drivers side High beam doesn't work. I bought a new bulb and replaced it, and it still doesn't work. Tried the bulb on the passenger side and it does work there. So it's just on the drivers side.

I pulled back some of the tape and looked at the wires and the connector and everything seems to be ok. I decided to take a volt meter too it but I couldn't really tell anything. It seems to just jump around a lot. I also used the volt meter on the passenger(working) side and it just jumps around too.

Does anybody know what the reading is suppose to be at the connector, or anything else I can try to check.

richphotos 12-06-2012 04:50 PM

Clean the connections, they are probably corroded.

mrspeedy69 12-07-2012 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by richphotos (Post 555297)
Clean the connections, they are probably corroded.

Forgot to mention I already did this.

Thogert 12-08-2012 02:13 AM

They should both be reading 12ish volts steady. Check your grounds and see if they need cleaning.

mrspeedy69 12-11-2012 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by Thogert (Post 555523)
They should both be reading 12ish volts steady. Check your grounds and see if they need cleaning.

Are you talking about all grounds in general or is there a specific ground to check for these?

richphotos 12-11-2012 10:54 AM

Grounds for the headlights should be located on the core support hear the headlights themselves (well they are on the first gen)

mrspeedy69 12-11-2012 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by richphotos (Post 555995)
Grounds for the headlights should be located on the core support hear the headlights themselves (well they are on the first gen)

Thanks, I'll take a look tonight and see what I can find.

mrspeedy69 12-15-2012 02:33 PM

So I checked the grounds, all fuses again, and I replaced the headlight plug and still the drivers high beam doesn't work. Traced back the wiring as far as I could and it all looks fine.

Not sure if it's related or not but my third brake light isn't working either.

Captain Hook 12-15-2012 03:45 PM

The headlamps have separate fuses for left & right. Each fuse protects the respective high and low beam filaments. If both low beams work, both fuses are OK. The purple, (high beam ground) wires exit the underhood fuse panel and run seperately to each high beam socket. The one that runs to the left high beam has an open circuit somewhere. You can do one of two things: Locate and repair the open circuit, or, run a jumper wire between the purple wires at each high beam socket. The open circuit could very well be inside the underhood fuse panel. Sounds crazy but, yes, the ground wires connect inside the fuse panel. Post your results ;)

rezlab 12-16-2012 01:07 PM

as Captain Hook said with the fuses or some vechiles are now coming with relays for each headlight low and high beams so its either the drivers side high beam fuse or relay. would be my guess