Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

How to turn off your DRL's by pushing a button. NO MODS!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2014, 05:23 AM
Beginning Member
c5demon is on a distinguished road
Default How to turn off your DRL's if yo have a "dome override" button

For those that have a "dome override" button, push it 4 or 5 times and BAM! They turn off. If you want them back on, just push it 4-5 more times and they're back on. I have to give credit to my local mechanic for showing me this.

I've read too many threads about modifications to acheive this and did not want to deal with the wiring. While it's not expensive to do the mods, why not spend $0 and retain the ability to turn them off and on at will. I hope this helps you guys

Last edited by c5demon; 04-16-2014 at 09:25 AM.
Old 04-16-2014, 06:37 AM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Not all year and models have this feature.

Old 04-16-2014, 07:51 AM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

My 98 doesnt

Old 04-16-2014, 09:22 AM
Beginning Member

Good to know. I'll change the text to read "for those that apply". Thanks guys.

Old 04-16-2014, 03:18 PM
Starting Member
cubawashere is on a distinguished road

what yr do you have C5?

Old 04-16-2014, 03:34 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

There is nothing new or exciting about this method of turning off the DRLs. It has been known for years and is brought up whenever someone asks; almost every single DRL related thread. Those trucks destined for Canada did not have this capability. There likely were other regions where it was programmed out of the BCM as well.

To me and A LOT of others on the forum, modification to permanently disable the DRLs is worth the time so you do not have to mess around with the button every time you start the truck. This is especially the case for those that have HID lighting.

Old 04-17-2014, 12:19 AM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by cubawashere
what yr do you have C5?
My signature has both of my cars and their years. I'm not clear if you were asking about the blazer or the vette, sorry.

Last edited by c5demon; 04-17-2014 at 12:30 AM.
Old 04-17-2014, 12:28 AM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by swartlkk
There is nothing new or exciting about this method of turning off the DRLs. It has been known for years and is brought up whenever someone asks; almost every single DRL related thread. Those trucks destined for Canada did not have this capability. There likely were other regions where it was programmed out of the BCM as well.

To me and A LOT of others on the forum, modification to permanently disable the DRLs is worth the time so you do not have to mess around with the button every time you start the truck. This is especially the case for those that have HID lighting.
Huh... Out of all of the searches I've done on here, google, or any of the other S10 and Blazer sites, and the countless pages of threads that I've read on turning off the DRLs, I have never seen/heard anyone mention this. Hopefully now it can be more prominently displayed for others, rather than hidden in a dark corner of a DRL thread. I can understand why the HID guys would want to permanently disable them, but pushing the button takes about 1.5 seconds to do and is by no means a hassle, plus it retains the ability to use them in incliment weather to alert others that you are there.