Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

Key sticks both ways (neutral safety switch?)

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2012, 10:49 AM
Fozzy is on a distinguished road
Angry Key sticks both ways (neutral safety switch?)

I'm at the end of my rope and this is the ONLY thing that makes this truck untrustworthy to allow my daughter to drive it.. The key does not turn freely to start the truck MOST of the time nor with the key come out of the ignition MOST of the time. It DOES sometimes do both, but 9 times out of ten, you have to screw around with it to get it to turn to start and most of the time you have to stick the screwdriver into the igntion (acess hole) to turn the key to off and remove the key. I am almost 100% sure that the program is electrical / magnetic like there is current keeping the ignition from turning. I have looked all over the site and others to see what other than the neutral safety switch would do this. I have already replaced the lower ignition cable (lots of fun) but this still isn't right.. truck runs like a charm, but these electrical bugaboos is driving me nuts and causing the truck to sit more than be driven. (untrustworty for a new driver) Help? Suggestions? Warnings? PS: there also seems to be a WIDE array of neutral safety switches that supposedly fit this truck with an even wider array of prices.. I are cunfused!!