Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

kill switch???

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2012, 08:06 AM
trobbins is on a distinguished road
Question kill switch???

I am wanting to somehow come up with a way to make a kill switch for my brake lights so if i hit the brakes the lights dont show. if this has been done please let me know how whoever did it or post a link

Old 11-08-2012, 08:36 AM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

Why would you want to do something like that? Just curious!

Old 11-08-2012, 09:32 AM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

Possibly for tailgaters. I can understand WHY but the legality of it not to mention getting rear ended, possibly hurt & hurting someone else in the process doesn't make sense to me.
Just throw the vehicle into 2nd & compression brake, vehicle slows fast & no lights. Plus when the cops, insurance company inspect the vehicle they won't see signs of tampering with the brake wiring.

Just my 2 cents.

Old 11-08-2012, 10:24 AM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

if its for tailgaters, this is the dumbest thing I have ever heard, in my life, if you have a problem with someone tailgating, just **** them off, instead of possibly getting your truck damaged. Just take your foot off the gas, and coast, getting slower and slower. By that time, they would have probably passed you, in which you can call the police saying there was a reckless driver and give them the plate number.

Old 11-08-2012, 11:02 AM
1sttimejimmyowner is on a distinguished road
Default I know Im not a mod

But reading the forum rules its against them to post something thats illegal.
Other than that its the most obsurd thing I have ever heard of.If its for tailgaters as some of us have mentioned a simple tap tap on the brake peddle should work.In todays world by doing what you have in mind you never know how somebody would counter act if you follow me.

Old 11-08-2012, 11:22 AM

its not for tailgaters but richphotos hit it right on the head of what i do. It's for if im sitting somewhere and i dont plan on being there long and dont wanna put it park just in the state i have to move quickly. but man you guys commented quick on that

Old 11-08-2012, 12:04 PM
neo71665 will become famous soon enoughneo71665 will become famous soon enough

We done it on the car we used to run shine in. Its not hard to do you just splice a switch in the brake switch on the petal so it doesn't send power to the bulbs when pressed

Old 11-08-2012, 12:31 PM

what about for the automatic driving lights

Old 11-08-2012, 02:15 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

Push your parking brake down a couple clicks!!

Old 12-06-2012, 02:30 AM
Beginning Member
jmonshau is on a distinguished road

i was also wondering how to do this, where i go wheelin at, cops always watch the entrance points, so it would be nice to keep ur foot on the brake and not have any lights on

Quick Reply: kill switch???