Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

Lights Lights Lights

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2010, 01:18 PM
Beginning Member
edavison is on a distinguished road
Default Lights Lights Lights

Is there a way to shut off the lights with the vehicle still on? Some type of button sequence or something. I have an '03 ZR2

Old 12-19-2010, 01:20 PM
Starting Member
mov4x4 is on a distinguished road

You might try to engage your parking brake I know my dads 2000 s10 works like that.

Old 12-19-2010, 01:29 PM
Beginning Member

Its a manual tranny...and my parking brake doesnt work anyway

Old 12-19-2010, 02:06 PM
Starting Member
mov4x4 is on a distinguished road

My dads s10 is a 5 speed, I don't think it matters if it engages the brake their would possibly be a sensor to detect when the ebrake pedal is pushed and turn the lights off.

Old 12-19-2010, 02:27 PM
Beginning Member

oh alright, well i was kinda going for being parked in nuetral on a trail with the engine running but lights off

Old 12-19-2010, 04:57 PM
Beginning Member
ASCOTTH is on a distinguished road

I asked a similar question, my lights only go off if the truck is off....told 2 things ... 1) push dome button twice (tried a lot of different ways with this nothing worked).... 2) disconnect the sensor (right dash speaker grill..that little nub) and wire in a 2.2k ..1/2 watt resistor...(gonna try it tomorrow)... hope this helps scott............... update: the sensor is for the auto headlights not daytime running..found another post about bending a lead of one of the fuses in the engine compartment..it worked no more daytime running lights.

Last edited by ASCOTTH; 02-26-2011 at 10:17 AM.
Old 12-19-2010, 05:02 PM
chevytruckdood is on a distinguished road

in my 03 s10/.. if you press the dome light very fast you can turn off daytime runing lights.. it takes a coupla tries to get it figured out. yours should be off in neutral if you either do ebrake or or switch trick...

Old 12-19-2010, 10:45 PM
Starting Member
stlwaco is on a distinguished road

push the dome over ride button 4 times. It will shut off all DRL and Auto headlights. Does in my 03 Z

Old 12-20-2010, 12:25 AM
Beginning Member

OK i will try tomorrow...if the button doenst work I'll just try to disconect sensor...opinions on why i shouldnt? Thanks much

Evan

I just tried pushing the dome override in various sequences and none worked.

Shoot, i forgot to try to hold ebrake in while doing. Disregard will try that.

Last edited by swartlkk; 12-20-2010 at 07:34 AM. Reason: *Combining Consecutive Posts* - Please use the EDIT feature to add additional information to your post if another member yet to respond.
Old 12-20-2010, 07:34 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

The dome override trick doesn't work on trucks that were manufactured for sale in Canada.