Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

Looking for HID opinions

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2012, 01:37 AM
Park is on a distinguished road
Default Looking for HID opinions

Hi everyone. I know there have been a lot of HID threads, so I hope you all don't mind one more. I'm at the point I have decided it is time to buy HID's for my Thumper and I know I want 6000K for color. The only choice I have not made for HID's is what brand or where to buy them. I dont know enough poeple around home who have HIDs and I have been searching the internet for hours now. So at this point I'm asking for as many opinions as people are willing to give on who or where I should buy mh HID's from. Thank you to those who answer my plea for help(opninions).

*Edit* I would also love to hear opinions on 35w or 55w HIDs. Sorry guys I'm starting to look like Foamy the squirrel , all hyper about some thing I have even bought yet.

Last edited by Park; 02-11-2012 at 06:32 AM.
Old 02-11-2012, 10:27 AM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

I bought both my highs and lows from hidextra.com
They are on the forum..and they tend to offer pretty good deals from time to time.
For instance with their chriatmas offer i bought a set for 30.00 shipped.
I have the 5000k...i like them alot. No elec issues at all with the lights..however when you do the lows they dont like the AHL system on the blazer...so i disabled mine and all set.

Old 02-11-2012, 03:18 PM
Starting Member
99bblazer99 is on a distinguished road

alot of ppl say ddmtuning.com too. but ive been having problems with them. its been 6 days since they said my order has been shipped and i still have an invalid tracking number. so idk if there trustworthy. Sonicelectronics has some but there very cheaply made.

Old 02-11-2012, 08:51 PM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

I got mine from ddmtuning.com and mine got here in about a week. I had a problem with one of my bulbs going out, so I contacted them and sent back my bad bulbs and I got free replacements in about 4 days. DDM has lifetime warrentees on all of their products for free, so that's a plus.

As for 55w or 35w, I went with the 55 because I wanted more light than the stock bulbs and I figured go big or go home. I love mine, but I think I want to do a bi-xenon projector retrofit. I want that cutoff and the perfectly smooth beam pattern they offer.

Old 02-11-2012, 09:37 PM
Blazin420 is on a distinguished road

I have used DDM for a set on my powerstroke. They can be abit slow at times, had a bad bulb as well they were pretty good with tech service, sent back the set and got replacements in about a week. Went with the 55w, 8k temp and they're damn bright!

Old 02-12-2012, 12:35 AM

Thanks for your thoughts guys. This is gonna be fun waiting until friday so I can order the HIDs. Wharthog did you use a resistor do disable the AHL?

Originally Posted by Thogert
I figured go big or go home.
That is why I just bought an optima yellow top, truck almost didn't start leaving for a wedding today after sitting over night.

Old 02-13-2012, 01:50 PM
Starting Member
99bblazer99 is on a distinguished road

i just got mine from ddmtuning.com today and its been two weeks. and they thought they shipped it through ups but they actually sent it through normal us mail. thats why the tracking number never worked.

Old 02-13-2012, 02:18 PM
chevytruckdood is on a distinguished road

I have used ddmtuning a bunch . I have 5000 on my blazer and when i was installing them for people have used them also I have made many orders with them and always had good luck and great service - the only time I had extra long shipping is when I ordered some for a mustang and they came directly from china.

Old 02-13-2012, 03:44 PM

Thanks guys. I've spent some time on DDM's site and I'm thinking about getting my HID's from them. Both high and lows for under $100 is awesome, but I'm so use to getting what I pay for. Hearing from you guys has helped a lot. I'm looking forward to friday so I took the time to disable my DRL and my AHL about an hour ago.

Old 02-13-2012, 06:27 PM
Phillepe is on a distinguished road

Anyone have pics of their set ups?

Quick Reply: Looking for HID opinions