Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

More wiring problems - 01 blazer trailblazer

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2011, 03:08 PM
Beginning Member
89LX is an unknown quantity at this point
Default More wiring problems - 01 blazer trailblazer

I'm having some more wiring issues with my blazer. I have a 2001 Blazer Trailblazer with a wiring nightmare that I hope anyone could shed some insight on for me on where to look. I'm good with cars, so I an do the work, but I'm just not too familiar with the blazer setup and I'm not going to dig into wiring blind.

Starting with the most recent issue, the overhead console (full trip, compass, etc) has been going on and off. Since it doesn't seem like a loss of signal issue, I'm thinking its a ground or power wire issue. Which leads me into my second problem which I think is associated with this. I'm getting the speedometer erratic readings, ABS and brake light, and sometimes locking in 2nd gear and staying there. I rebuild the trans and put a newer transfer case in about a year about, and all was good until recently. It happens when there is water out or snow, but does happen when its dry just not as often. I replaced the VSS on the back of the transfer case, so that leads me to believe its wiring somewhere and not just that sensor. I dunno if there is another sensor down there that can cause this or not. My other thought was a bad BCM or wiring with both of the issues but I just dunno how this truck is setup.

My other issue I'm having is the damn power/heated seats. I fixed the power seat issue by jumping a new power wire to both seats, replacing the corroded wire under the drivers seat. That worked for awhile, but then my heated seats stopped working at the same time. The light still goes on for the heated seats on both sides, but they aren't heating up. I know that both seats didn't fail at the same time, but I am just wondering if they have a different power wire for the light/switch that controls a relay that has the power for the seats.

Btw, it happens when it snows all the time. But its pouring rain out, and no speedo/abs/brake light errors.

I appreciate if anyone can give me any help.

-David