Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

Need help

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2012, 01:11 PM
VANISH is on a distinguished road
Default Need help

I have a 1993 chevy full size blazer with a short in the wiring. I have traced it to a connector that goes between the engine compartment and the cabin behind the steering column. Can the connector be changed out or does the whole wire harness have to be changed? If the connector can be changed, does anyone know how to do that? If I want to clean up the connector first, what would be the best way to clean it?

Old 09-29-2012, 07:10 PM
Beginning Member
bikerz80 is on a distinguished road

i would just cut the wire on the other side of the connector and but splice it. If you want to fix the connwctor that can be hard plastic thats old doesnt always play nice. As far has cleanin i would use flux off it leaves no residue you can get some at radioshack might be called contact cleaner. After cleanin use dielectric grease to keep it from caroding.

Originally Posted by VANISH
I have a 1993 chevy full size blazer with a short in the wiring. I have traced it to a connector that goes between the engine compartment and the cabin behind the steering column. Can the connector be changed out or does the whole wire harness have to be changed? If the connector can be changed, does anyone know how to do that? If I want to clean up the connector first, what would be the best way to clean it?

Old 10-01-2012, 10:02 PM
VANISH is on a distinguished road
Default Still having problem

I have been looking all day for a connector to replace and there does not seem to be one available. Does anyone know where I might be able to get the connector/s or the wire harness. I need both sides, the plug and the recepacle, or the engine bay side and the firewall side. I talked with a mechanic and he suggested drilling a whole in the firewall and just connecting the bad wires up directly and bypassing the connectors completely. I am uncomfortable with that as the whole oneside of the connector does not look good. I am going upload a couple of pictures they are in the attachment that should go along with this communication.

Attached Thumbnails Need help-2012-10-01_10-49-12_97.jpg   Need help-2012-10-01_10-50-15_568.jpg  
Old 10-01-2012, 11:59 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

have you checked a pick n pull for it?