Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

Need Help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2016, 04:30 PM
Starting Member
Sandy Curtis is on a distinguished road
Default Need Help!!!

Ok folks, here is my story. I have a 97 Blazer. Last Tuesday I was driving it and my instrument panel quit working. All the gauges pegged but she kept on running. Got her home checked the fuse it was blown, changed it didn't think any more of it. Wednesday while driving she just died. She took a jump, got her home changed the alternator. Ran great, until Thursday when she just died driving down the highway.
We have now replaced the instrument panel and the alternator and she still blows the #4 fuse and the new instrument panel pegs out.............suggestions, ideas, anything???? I feel like I am chasing my rear end around in a circle!!!!!

Old 06-04-2016, 07:27 PM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

The devices powered up by #4 fuse are as follows: Instrument Panel Cluster (IPC) Fuel level buffer module Seat belt and ignition key and lamps alarm Daytime running relay Daytime running lamps control module Rear window defogger switch Interior lamps control module A/C compressor relay Front Axle switch Four wheel drive indicator switch Transfer case shift control module Transfer case select switch Inflatable Restraint Sensing and Diagnostic Module (SDM). You will need to unplug each one at a time to see what one causes the problem to stop then replace that component.

If you have done any work relating to any of theses , that's a good place to start

Old 06-20-2016, 02:25 AM
silverside is on a distinguished road

Any update on your truck? Talked to a guy here who blown the same fuse 2 days apart and found out a positive wire was stripped and making contact somewhere near the panel. Replaced the wire and its been working since then.