Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

Need help with electrical diag

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2024, 03:59 PM
Beginning Member
Stu2001 is on a distinguished road
Default Need help with electrical diag

It's a 2003 Chevy blazer 4wd. Gas gauge not working, low fuel light, battery light, brake light, service engine soon light, security lights are all on, and headlights fan and gauge cluster illuminated when key is out sometimes kind of intermittent and the obd 2 port isn't communicating have powers where power should be and grounds where grounds should be could be forgetting something there will update but it all has progressed cruise control fuse was blowing brake lights where stuck on while running and engine would stay running if foot was on the brake and key was out of ignition replaced the multifunction switch boom gone tell 6 months later cruise fuse blew again didn't have any of the same symptoms so I tossed another in there because when It blows I loose the dash completely then about 2 minutes later all the current issues arrived head what sounded like a pop check all fuses and wiring that i could see as well as splice pack thank you guys

Old 01-21-2024, 09:59 AM
BF Veteran
GeorgeLG will become famous soon enough

Most of the IPC functions are controlled on the class 2 serial data bus along with ODB communication at the port. If any of the modules on the class 2 bus get corrupted then the whole bus goes down. The diagnostic method involves pulling the class 2 junction block comb and adding the modules back until you find the offending item. Let me know if you want to rule this out as your problem.

George

Old 01-21-2024, 10:31 AM
Beginning Member

This is exactly where I was heading to I just don't really know where to start I checked to make sure I have 12v to the purple wire on the obd port but something in my brain says I need an oscilloscope to measure signal puls and then you again for the reply

Old 01-21-2024, 02:30 PM
BF Veteran

This will get you started:

https://www.google.com/search?sca_es...sfe4KT330,st:0

If you don't have a scope then you can just work off of symptoms as you add the modules back in or if you can get the ODB connector back online first add back until com with the scanner crashes. Pinout attached.

George

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Data Lines 2003.pdf (176.6 KB, 21 views)
Old 01-21-2024, 05:46 PM
Beginning Member

Thank I really appreciate it I'll go out and get to it man your a life saver

Old 01-23-2024, 10:01 AM
BF Veteran

Good luck.

George

Old 01-27-2024, 01:14 PM
Beginning Member

Sorry for the late reply I got influenza feeling better today went out and I found what looks to be the brown and white wire is the culprit coming into the splice pack thanks for the tip used my scanner made a little deal that mimicked what that guy had in his video you wouldn't by chance have a diagram of it showing what goes where or a link to one? Much appreciated

Old 01-27-2024, 01:21 PM
BF Veteran

Post #4

George

Old 01-27-2024, 03:08 PM
Beginning Member

So what would you do if you don't have memor seats they are manual? I depinned the connector and everything works completely fine don't really want to leave it like that tho

Old 01-27-2024, 03:22 PM
BF Veteran

I'm not sure I understand your question can you explain this further? Thanks,

George

Quick Reply: Need help with electrical diag