Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

need help with gas gauge.

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2011, 10:18 PM
DamienAngel is on a distinguished road
Default need help with gas gauge.

I bought my blazer abought a month ago. have some issues with it. the dreeded blinker noise. and my gas gauge doesnt work. anyone have any ideas?

Old 11-11-2011, 07:29 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Both are common issues that are covered fairly well in the Tech Article (DIY) section. Check out the link to the index of this section in my signature below.

The blinker issue is most likely a faulty hazard switch which is part of the multifunction switch. It can be replaced independently as covered in the tech article section.

The gas gauge needs to be diagnosed. Again, the diagnostic procedure can be found in the tech article section.

Old 11-13-2011, 09:52 PM

ty ill go over them again. thanks.

Old 11-13-2011, 11:30 PM
gatorboy44 is on a distinguished road

My gas gauge didn't work when I purchased mine because the float on the fuel pump assembly was no good. Just a little input.

Old 11-15-2011, 11:10 PM
Starting Member
Blade_24k is on a distinguished road

When I got my 00' Jimmy the fuel gauge didn't work. Turned out to be the sending unit on the furl pump was shot, and unfortunately it can't be changed independently. Gotta get a whole new fuel pump. But ganged mine and it wires now.

Old 11-16-2011, 07:36 AM

If you decide to change the pump only use ac delco or bosch fuel pump assemblies, airtex may seem like alot of money saved but they tend to go right back out again. Is your needle above full or is it sitting at empty at all times?

Old 11-17-2011, 09:37 PM

kool thanks for the info everyone . so i am gonna have to drop the tank to fix it. yay.

Old 01-26-2012, 01:54 PM
Beginning Member
patitur77 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by gatorboy44
If you decide to change the pump only use ac delco or bosch fuel pump assemblies, airtex may seem like alot of money saved but they tend to go right back out again. Is your needle above full or is it sitting at empty at all times?
I have a 97 blazer 4x4 lt 4 dr and my gauge stays past full. Any input would be great!

Old 01-27-2012, 07:00 AM

If it moves barely occasionally, then your float is probably bad/stuck. You'll need a new fuel pump assembly. I just replaced mine

Old 02-01-2012, 10:50 AM
Beginning Member
patitur77 is on a distinguished road

I have heard that it could be some type of ground that goes under the body of the truck with a bad connection, make any sense of that? If so then where is it located?

Quick Reply: need help with gas gauge.