Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Lighting & Electrical (https://blazerforum.com/forum/lighting-electrical-52/)
-   -   New blower motor,new resistor, no power (https://blazerforum.com/forum/lighting-electrical-52/new-blower-motor-new-resistor-no-power-102113/)

iceblue068 08-08-2020 09:49 PM

New blower motor,new resistor, no power

I have a 98 blazer with auto climate control ,I have replaced both blower motor and resistor and still no blower power. What am I missing? Please help

error_401 08-14-2020 03:00 AM

Thread moved as per rules in the New Member section.

daveca 08-14-2020 03:47 AM

A volt meter is missing. Throwing parts in at random often doesnt work as you've discovered. Time for a wiring diagram and volt meter and tracing from the circuit fuse towards the motor to see where the circuit us broken.

The littie $5 meters from Harbor Freight work well. Ive used them to measure 1,000 volt power supplies.

LesMyer 09-01-2020 10:42 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Auto climate control takes a different blower motor and uses a power module, not a resistor. See attachment. This could be your problem. Wrong parts!

iceblue068 09-01-2020 03:11 PM

Everyone thanks for all of your inputs, however this problem was solved weeks ago. It was a blown fuse but I have since then posted another issue concerning the blower running continuously after power has been shut off.

LesMyer 09-01-2020 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by iceblue068 (Post 726648)
Everyone thanks for all of your inputs, however this problem was solved weeks ago. It was a blown fuse but I have since then posted another issue concerning the blower running continuously after power has been shut off.

That would be a fried power module

iceblue068 09-01-2020 08:16 PM

Is that part separate from the resistor itself? If so, where is it located?

LesMyer 09-02-2020 01:17 PM

6 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by iceblue068 (Post 726661)
Is that part separate from the resistor itself? If so, where is it located?

Where in the schematic I previously sent you do you see a resistor? THERE IS NO RESISTOR on Auto A/C. On this vehicle the blower power module is called the ECC Module. See below.

Typically a blower motor that takes too much current is the cause for the power module going bad and staying on all the time - a common problem. Check your blower motor draw or replace the blower motor before replacing the ECC module.

----------------------------

Electronic Climate Control (ECC) Module (w/ Auto A/C)

At the IP harness center of the IP, below the radio

HVAC Component Views (see attachment)

iceblue068 09-03-2020 04:46 AM

Thanks, I will try that. Now to be clear, the single wire that is connected to the harness that plugs into the blower motor, is that some type of ground? I wish I could send you a picture of it. In the meantime, I will be working on the ECC issue. Thanks again.

LesMyer 09-03-2020 07:37 AM

Schematic in post #4 shows the orange wire is the power feed coming directly from the fuse (hot all the time). The purple/white wire is the PWM speed control wire from the ECC module. The black wire is the ground.