Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Lighting & Electrical (https://blazerforum.com/forum/lighting-electrical-52/)
-   -   No Drivers Side Brake Light (https://blazerforum.com/forum/lighting-electrical-52/no-drivers-side-brake-light-96682/)

TheZR2ThatCould 04-11-2018 09:21 PM

HELP: No Drivers Side Brake Light

(2000 2 Door 4x4 Blazer) First off, thank you for your help, secondly; I want the reader to know that I have both turn signals and right brake light working. No it is not my bulb, I have replaced that. Maybe some fuse, relay, or im missing a ground somewhere?

Rusty Nuts 04-11-2018 09:28 PM

Welcome to the forum. The first part I check when I have brake light problems is the brake switch by the pedal.

TheZR2ThatCould 04-11-2018 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by Rusty Nuts (Post 688943)
Welcome to the forum. The first part I check when I have brake light problems is the brake switch by the pedal.

Thanks, I will check that tomorrow. Do I need to take off the lower plastic cover to check that?

Rusty Nuts 04-11-2018 09:41 PM

Yes. Local auto parts stores keep them in stock.

TheZR2ThatCould 04-12-2018 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by Rusty Nuts (Post 688945)
Yes. Local auto parts stores keep them in stock.

Changed the Brake light switch. Still nothing. Open to nearly and ideas. Anyone know if left blinker and the left brake could be on seperate grounds?

jimspahr@msn.com 05-04-2018 10:38 AM

Check the fuses. I think there are two separate fuses for the Brake lights. If it was the brake pedal switch, it would affect both left and right side brake lights.

TheZR2ThatCould 05-10-2018 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by jimspahr@msn.com (Post 689843)
Check the fuses. I think there are two separate fuses for the Brake lights. If it was the brake pedal switch, it would affect both left and right side brake lights.

Sorry for the late reply, what would they be labeled? And would it be in the fuse box or interior fuses or in like the firewall/ stereo area. I know their is a control block as well I havent replaced under the bumper..

error_401 05-11-2018 02:53 AM

If I correctly understand your problem:

Left turn signal works as it should
Right turn signal works as it should
Right brake light works as it should
Left brake light is NOT working

I would suggest to roll it up from the light fixture forward.
I'd try to jumper the left brake light ground first, then the PLUS in order to determine that the fixture itself is working correctly.

I'm not sure about the U.S. brake-turn lights. Is it the very same bulb with only one filament or does it have two separate bulbs or a two filament bulb?

That would be my first analysis. Just make sure the fixture is working. Then move forward from there.

TheZR2ThatCould 05-11-2018 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by error_401 (Post 690184)
If I correctly understand your problem:

Left turn signal works as it should
Right turn signal works as it should
Right brake light works as it should
Left brake light is NOT working

I would suggest to roll it up from the light fixture forward.
I'd try to jumper the left brake light ground first, then the PLUS in order to determine that the fixture itself is working correctly.

I'm not sure about the U.S. brake-turn lights. Is it the very same bulb with only one filament or does it have two separate bulbs or a two filament bulb?

That would be my first analysis. Just make sure the fixture is working. Then move forward from there.

Hey thanks for your reply, on the vehicle being described in my thread, it is seperate bulbs with single filaments. I will try and get that done this weekend and let you know how it goes! Thanks again.

Freewheel 05-11-2018 08:28 AM

Do you have a hitch on it? On mine there is a box for the trailer electronics behind left rr light which has fuses in it as well...
​​​​​​