No Drivers Side Brake Light - Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

Old 04-11-2018, 09:21 PM
Beginning Member

TheZR2ThatCould is on a distinguished road
Default HELP: No Drivers Side Brake Light

(2000 2 Door 4x4 Blazer) First off, thank you for your help, secondly; I want the reader to know that I have both turn signals and right brake light working. No it is not my bulb, I have replaced that. Maybe some fuse, relay, or im missing a ground somewhere?

Last edited by TheZR2ThatCould; 04-12-2018 at 07:52 PM.
Old 04-11-2018, 09:28 PM

Rusty Nuts is on a distinguished road

Welcome to the forum. The first part I check when I have brake light problems is the brake switch by the pedal.
Old 04-11-2018, 09:39 PM
Beginning Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Nuts View Post
Welcome to the forum. The first part I check when I have brake light problems is the brake switch by the pedal.
Thanks, I will check that tomorrow. Do I need to take off the lower plastic cover to check that?
Old 04-11-2018, 09:41 PM

Rusty Nuts is on a distinguished road

Yes. Local auto parts stores keep them in stock.
Old 04-12-2018, 07:27 PM
Beginning Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Nuts View Post
Yes. Local auto parts stores keep them in stock.
Changed the Brake light switch. Still nothing. Open to nearly and ideas. Anyone know if left blinker and the left brake could be on seperate grounds?
Old 05-04-2018, 10:38 AM

jimspahr@msn.com is on a distinguished road

Check the fuses. I think there are two separate fuses for the Brake lights. If it was the brake pedal switch, it would affect both left and right side brake lights.
Old 05-10-2018, 12:02 PM
Beginning Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Check the fuses. I think there are two separate fuses for the Brake lights. If it was the brake pedal switch, it would affect both left and right side brake lights.
Sorry for the late reply, what would they be labeled? And would it be in the fuse box or interior fuses or in like the firewall/ stereo area. I know their is a control block as well I havent replaced under the bumper..
Old 05-11-2018, 02:53 AM

error_401 is on a distinguished road

If I correctly understand your problem:

Left turn signal works as it should
Right turn signal works as it should
Right brake light works as it should
Left brake light is NOT working

I would suggest to roll it up from the light fixture forward.
I'd try to jumper the left brake light ground first, then the PLUS in order to determine that the fixture itself is working correctly.

I'm not sure about the U.S. brake-turn lights. Is it the very same bulb with only one filament or does it have two separate bulbs or a two filament bulb?

That would be my first analysis. Just make sure the fixture is working. Then move forward from there.
Old 05-11-2018, 07:34 AM
Beginning Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by error_401 View Post
If I correctly understand your problem:

Left turn signal works as it should
Right turn signal works as it should
Right brake light works as it should
Left brake light is NOT working

I would suggest to roll it up from the light fixture forward.
I'd try to jumper the left brake light ground first, then the PLUS in order to determine that the fixture itself is working correctly.

I'm not sure about the U.S. brake-turn lights. Is it the very same bulb with only one filament or does it have two separate bulbs or a two filament bulb?

That would be my first analysis. Just make sure the fixture is working. Then move forward from there.
Hey thanks for your reply, on the vehicle being described in my thread, it is seperate bulbs with single filaments. I will try and get that done this weekend and let you know how it goes! Thanks again.
Old 05-11-2018, 08:28 AM
Beginning Member

Freewheel is on a distinguished road

Do you have a hitch on it? On mine there is a box for the trailer electronics behind left rr light which has fuses in it as well...
​​​​​​