Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

No headlights at all please help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2013, 07:58 PM
Eserps89 is on a distinguished road
Default No headlights at all please help!!!

Ok so I have no headlights. Or high beams. I know this happens a lot to people. But I'm hearing of it being different things from everyone. Everything iv tried hasn't worked so I need some advice...

It started where every now an then the headlights wouldn't turn on when I turned the truck on then I would tap under the dash an the headlights would come on.

Then it turned into the tapping not working then they would just come on after a few minutes. Now I have nothing

Anybody suggestions? I have Half the dash board apart

Also if anyone knows anything about taking apart the heater box to replace the "flap" the controls heat directions like floor heat... My toes freeze and its either that or the actuator but iv disconnected the actuator and moved the "flap" myself and gotten the heat to work but not fully defrost stays on constant. But headlights main priority! Lol to many problem please help. And I forgot to add the blinkers and parking lights still work fine

Old 01-20-2013, 08:21 PM

And it's a 2000 blazer Ls 4.3

Old 01-20-2013, 08:48 PM
Beginning Member
Bildo V. is on a distinguished road

Did you look in the under hood fuse block as there are fuses that control the h-lights. Upon recall i'm reminded that on these which i found by accident that the e-brake engagement will cause a loss of h- lights as well so perhaps checking the pedal to make sure its fully disengaged

Old 01-20-2013, 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by Bildo V.
Did you look in the under hood fuse block as there are fuses that control the h-lights. Upon recall i'm reminded that on these which i found by accident that the e-brake engagement will cause a loss of h- lights as well so perhaps checking the pedal to make sure its fully disengaged
Checked fuses and drl relay and I know it's not the e brake because the parking light are integrated with that feature. My parking lights work

Old 01-20-2013, 11:10 PM
Beginning Member

there is also a headlight relay located behind the rt and lft headlght fuses that powers specifically the headlights if i may ask what have u replaced if anything

Old 01-21-2013, 08:54 AM

there is also a headlight relay located behind the rt and lft headlght fuses that powers specifically the headlights if i may ask what have u replaced if anything
Really? Where do you mean exactly? Do I need to remove the headlights?

Old 01-22-2013, 08:31 PM
Beginning Member

No you do not have to remove the lights. In the underhood fuse panel facing passenger side from driver fender it will be the most leftward (closest to the wiper reservoir) relay directly to its left are the lft. and rt. headlight fuses both are 15 amp i believe there should be a label detailing all this on the underside of the cover if these aren't clear enough

Hope this helps

Old 01-23-2013, 05:40 PM

No you do not have to remove the lights. In the underhood fuse panel facing passenger side from driver fender it will be the most leftward (closest to the wiper reservoir) relay directly to its left are the lft. and rt. headlight fuses both are 15 amp i believe there should be a label detailing all this on the underside of the cover if these aren't clear enough

Hope this helps
Wasn't that. Thanks though. Still searching

Old 01-23-2013, 08:32 PM
Beginning Member

going back to bumping the dash to make them work there is a main wiring harness at the base of the steering column i would suggest u look there or investigate the switch it self

Old 01-28-2013, 06:11 AM

The problem was two burnt wires in the white wire harness right under the steering column. All fixed 5 days of aggravation and 50$ later thanks for all the help

Quick Reply: No headlights at all please help!!!