Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

One light is brighter than the other

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2011, 05:27 PM
Starting Member
DaddysBlazer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default One light is brighter than the other

This weekend I noticed that one of my head lights were brighter than the other one,the one that seems dim,the harness on it has a little burn spot on it right at the connectors and I am wondering if its not the lightbulb, and its not a fuse, could the harness really be the problem? it does have aftermarket headlights in it so it appears like he has done some modafication to them maybe to splice the halo bulb in! I dont know. Is their anyone that has a diagram on the "halo" lights or even just someone that has hooked them up before and can tell me how to check and see if this guy has them hooked up right. I am going to redo the splicing I see on that wire after work tomarrow and hopefully this will fix the problem. If not U pull it, here I come.

Old 09-25-2011, 05:53 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

might be a ground problem check the grounds

Old 09-25-2011, 06:07 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I'd start with fixing the burnt wiring/connector. A burnt/corroded connection will can cause high resistance on the circuit, lowering the power available to the bulb.

Since there are a ton of different ways to wire aftermarket 'halo' lights, you'll have to provide more information about how it is currently wired before we can help you there.

Old 09-25-2011, 06:43 PM
ohsofly will become famous soon enoughohsofly will become famous soon enough

Ive always added the halos to the signal light circuit myself so they blink off when you turn. Snap us a photo or two of what we are looking at. Like Swarts thinking, you may have them tapped into the headlight curcuit instead. We can help you remedy that.

Old 09-25-2011, 09:54 PM
Starting Member

They are tapped in to the headlights and they havent done a good job on them either just something else but I like the Idea of fixing them so we can try anything. I have gotten some of that heatshrink for wiring Im going to make that splice better than the factory could tomarrow. But the first thing Im going to look for is a ground because that is what I was thinking it was earlier today.

Old 09-26-2011, 12:33 PM
Starting Member
Zanders is on a distinguished road

make sure they are aligned, that's the issue with mine. Granted I don't know how dim the one is, so maybe it is electrical.

Old 10-01-2011, 12:54 PM
Starting Member

This morning I took the hole front grill off the truck, including the head lights and replaced the wiring harness that had the small burnt spot on it and also checked the ground, put some fresh scratchs in the metal. Then I checked my fuses and I had an 7.5 fuse inside the spot a needed an 10. And Eureka its fixed the only bad thing is now I dont know witch one actually fixed the situation. Owell!

Old 10-01-2011, 12:58 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

glad you got it fixed =)