Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

Opening tail light/removing lens?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2013, 10:59 AM
KerbyG is on a distinguished road

Retrofit some projectors! IF you're going to run HIDs, retrofitting in the /proper/ way of going about it. The "projector" headlights on the web are all halogen projectors and will throw glare all over the place since the focal point on HID bulbs are different than that of halogens.
Here are my 97 composites that I installed projectors from an Infiniti fx-35 into.
Name:  20130208_184403_zps8304e505.jpg
Views: 1371
Size:  50.6 KB

Old 04-15-2013, 06:59 PM
Twip will become famous soon enough

do you happen to have a parts list for that set up? and possibly where you purchased such items from? i think that is something that i am looking at doing, but i have lots of research to do!

Old 04-15-2013, 07:00 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about
Old 04-16-2013, 12:42 AM
Beginning Member
ClickBoom is on a distinguished road

Well if you guys were wondering I totally fudged up and ended up cracking my lens. Glad I had a backup lol. Coincidentally, I just bought a retrofit from TRS a couple nights ago. I have some aftermarket headlights with projectors I"ll be swapping for some Mini H1's. Glad I waited until the 6.0 came out! Anywho, I found the thread with the guy who did the same thing, but still might want some advice for fabbing up a bracket; The current projectors are already mounted to the flange of the headlight(s), so most of the hard work (leveling & rotation) is already done. Any suggestions? (material, technique, etc.)

Oh and that is SICK Kerby. Good job, dude

Old 04-16-2013, 01:42 AM
KerbyG is on a distinguished road

Yup, just hit up TRS for your retrofit goodies. I plan to swap out the white ring for a pair of their xBled rings, give it a brighter, more uniform look.
I used projectors from a fx-35 which, you /might/ still be able to get on TRS. I got them for free from a friend for doing some computer work. But they are around $120 a pair
Panemara shrouds (from TRS) if you plan to paint them, just get the Value shrouds, since the value shrouds have just a few blemishes in the chrome. And they're ½ the price at $20
I got the amber rings (black PCB model) from SuperBrightLEDs along with the Diffusers and the white rings from FactoryKiss. And like I said, I plan to get the xBleds

Brows around on HIDplanet.com, they've got all the info you'll ever need for retrofitting!

As far as fabbing up the bracket, you might just be able to take some sheet steel and cut some tabs and drill. I made a mounting apparatus that let me aim the projector before I drilled through the back of the housing. I then used longer bolts to hold it together, along with rubber washers to better seal the hole and aid against vibration. And it seems to work great I've got a write up somewhere on here. Just do a search for blazer composite retrofit

And thanks! It was 2 years in planning before I finally got the chance to tackle it, and it came out exactly like I wanted. Haven't had a single person say anything bad about them. Guess that's how you know you did something cool! Haha