Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

Projector houseings

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2012, 05:12 AM
Beginning Member
ozzman39 is on a distinguished road
Default Projector houseings

a friend of mine is going to be getting me a nice HID kit 6000K(for $40) and instead of retrofitting i want to just buy a set of housings that i can just swap out I have been looking on eBay and alot of them say may require modification for HID's

Was thinking of somthing like this BLK HALO PROJECTOR HEAD LIGHTS+BUMPER SIGNAL K2 1998-2004 CHEVY S10 BLAZER/TRUCK | eBay

in the listing it says: You Can Change To 4200K Xenon Gas Or Higher Opti-Blue Hyper-White Bulbs (Modification May Require For Using HID Lighting System)

I E-maild him and he said

(Our lights are compatible with aftermarket HID kit, but NOT with stock HID.
However, since HID system gives higher temperature and the bulbs are longer than ususal, thus professional modification on wiring and light or lens may needed for installing in some cases, please inquire your professional mechanic for details.)

I was wondering if anyone on the forum has had any experience with this im worried about ordering new housing and the bulb not fitting in it or anything else.

Also if anyone has gone this route and was happy with the new housings (quality of the mold ect.)

Old 09-26-2012, 12:12 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

They should fit the HID's fine. My only concern is which bulbs do they use for the low beam. The ones I got use a 9005 High beam bulb in the low beam projector housing. I'd email them back & ask which bulbs they use in the repective sockets IE: High & Low.

Old 09-26-2012, 04:32 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by ozzman39
a friend of mine is going to be getting me a nice HID kit 6000K(for $40) and instead of retrofitting i want to just buy a set of housings that i can just swap out I have been looking on eBay and alot of them say may require modification for HID's

Was thinking of somthing like this BLK HALO PROJECTOR HEAD LIGHTS+BUMPER SIGNAL K2 1998-2004 CHEVY S10 BLAZER/TRUCK | eBay

in the listing it says: You Can Change To 4200K Xenon Gas Or Higher Opti-Blue Hyper-White Bulbs (Modification May Require For Using HID Lighting System)

I E-maild him and he said

(Our lights are compatible with aftermarket HID kit, but NOT with stock HID.
However, since HID system gives higher temperature and the bulbs are longer than ususal, thus professional modification on wiring and light or lens may needed for installing in some cases, please inquire your professional mechanic for details.)

I was wondering if anyone on the forum has had any experience with this im worried about ordering new housing and the bulb not fitting in it or anything else.

Also if anyone has gone this route and was happy with the new housings (quality of the mold ect.)

these should work perfect? says H1 bulbs H1 are the usual standard for HIDs correct? (im not gonna order any till i get the kit so i know exactly what I have)

98-04 Chevy S10/Blazer LED HALO Projector Headlights+Signal Bumper Lights Lamps | eBay

Old 09-26-2012, 04:42 PM
Unlimitedsp is on a distinguished road

They will fit. I ran ebay projectors in my blazer and ran a set of 9006 Hids for the lows.

Old 09-26-2012, 04:52 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by Unlimitedsp
They will fit. I ran ebay projectors in my blazer and ran a set of 9006 Hids for the lows.
were you happy with the build quality and or whatever else?

Old 09-27-2012, 03:10 AM
dak2007 is an unknown quantity at this point

I just bought the second set that you linked to. They should be in on Friday. The HID kit I ordered have the 9006 low beam bulbs. I test fitted them in a the pair of headlights I am replacing (HID with projectors) and I think that with some modification to the plastic on the back of the bulb it will work.

Old 09-27-2012, 04:15 AM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by dak2007
I just bought the second set that you linked to. They should be in on Friday. The HID kit I ordered have the 9006 low beam bulbs. I test fitted them in a the pair of headlights I am replacing (HID with projectors) and I think that with some modification to the plastic on the back of the bulb it will work.
Keep me posted please

Old 09-27-2012, 11:44 AM

Yeah I'll keep you posted. Just make sure when you order your HID kit you look for one that says H1 and not just search for chevy blazer. That's the mistake I made. Since the aftermarket takes a different size bulb if you search for blazer you're going to end up with the wrong size.

Old 09-27-2012, 02:56 PM
Beginning Member

Now im a lil confused im seeing conflicting information

can anyone shed some light on the bulb size thing??

eBay Guides - HID Guide to Aftermarket Projector Headlights

Old 09-27-2012, 05:04 PM

There are a bunch of posts not only on here but all over the internet where people are running HIDs in eBay housings. If you're worried about it order the shorter h1 bulbs.

Quick Reply: Projector houseings