Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

Radio does not play sound after it is turned up loud?!

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2013, 11:51 AM
Beginning Member
Jake--Blazer is on a distinguished road
Question Radio does not play sound after it is turned up loud?!

Disclaimer: I have search for hours throughout forums of my specific problem but no luck so I am starting a thread about this.

Okay guys, let me know if you have had this issue before or currently do now. Alright, the problem... When I am listening to my radio and I turn it up say around 25.. It will then stop emitting sound through the speakers but the stereo remains playing.. Now here is the weird part... I have do two things to fix this (well temporary fix) If I hit the rear passenger side door panel I can get the stereo to playing sound again. Another way I get it going again, is if I mess with the rear passenger side window switch on the driver's door panel. This is very weird and so far confusing.
For clarification, I am using a aftermarket stereo since the factor stereo was doing the same thing and I thought it was just the stereo causing it. So clearly its not the stereo but would it be the speakers or wiring? I feel like it is the wiring in the passenger side door to the speaker, but would having one speaker not working cause the rest to not work?

Thanks guys let me know if you have any advice for me or if you have fixed this problem on your blazer.