Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

Tail light issue..

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2011, 08:04 PM
nktidwel is on a distinguished road

I guess my post was a bit ambiguous. I still do not have tails. Good news however, I think I may be getting a day off every week soon, so more time can be dedicated to the truck.

Old 01-19-2011, 05:48 AM

Question... Am I looking at this wrong or do the tail lights and horn follow the same path??? If so the fuse to the horn blows as soon as I put it in, which means there is a short. In turn preventing current to the tails?

Last edited by nktidwel; 01-19-2011 at 05:51 AM.
Old 01-23-2011, 03:07 AM

Brought the truck to work. Had a mechanic take care of it.

Old 01-23-2011, 09:06 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

sorry brother, i hadn't received an update on your thread 'til today.

too bad you had to have a mechanic check it out. did he tell you what the issue as?

Old 01-24-2011, 02:20 AM

Had bad grounds on both sides (which I knew) and a bad power feed. Good thing the mechanic a friend... took care of it after he punched out. Will throw him a few $ when I see him.

Old 01-24-2011, 06:54 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

but isn't that what we had mentioned to check out as the source of the problem?

meh, not everyone likes working outside in this weather.

good thing you had a friend who could help you out.

Old 01-25-2011, 02:27 AM

Yeah the weather compounded with 76+ hr work weeks. My buddy worked on the truck while I was at work.

Old 02-03-2011, 11:42 AM
Waynehead is on a distinguished road

i'm having a similar problem with my lights. only my left tail light doesn't work. turn signals and brake lights work fine. the right side is cool. they worked 2 nights ago. i have trailer connections hooked to the left light, but they worked the other night with the trailer. all of a sudden no brake lights. i have a 98 s-10 blazer. any suggestions??

Old 02-04-2011, 02:12 AM

Check the bulb? I think there are 2 filaments... One may be burned out. If it is its a 3057.

Old 02-05-2011, 11:25 AM
Waynehead is on a distinguished road
Default still no tail light

both rear brake lights and turning lights work. the tail light only works on the right side. the trailer harness is connected to left light which is the one that has the tail light that's not working. i connected the trailer and all the blinkers and brake lights work. there are no tail lights on the trailer on both sides. so i was thinking maybe there is a bad ground. or maybe the harness is bad. do trailer harnesses go bad like that? i was gonna try and scrape some more paint where i had the harness grounded to see if that works. but i'm definitely leaning toward a bad harness. what do y'all think??

Quick Reply: Tail light issue..