Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

Are these hids too good to be true?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2011, 01:46 PM
Kai
Kai is on a distinguished road
Default Are these hids too good to be true?

http://www.amazon.com/JLM-PREMIUM-Co...pr_product_top

They just seem as though they are too cheap to even be good but still its probably better than the stock halogens which I can't see **** with...

Old 01-26-2011, 04:18 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

sounds like you need to cut 'n buff your lenses Kai. i recently did the ones in my Buick-which really didn't look that bad on visual inspection-and the difference was more than you can imagine.

the LB's now shine as bright as the HB's used to.

for starters, you don't want that heat range (light output). 8000K is more blue than white in colour. stick with a 5000K or 6000K range, you'll see more & be happier.

i have both LB's & HB's in the 5000K range, and the visability is amazing! i had aftermarket "simulated" HID bulbs which i thought were "white" compared to the stock halogen bulbs. bought my HID kits, and BAM! could definately see farther down the road. still had the simulated bulbs in the HB's the first night, and they looked worse than the stock ones.

the one thing that raised the biggest flag for me was their personal transaction rating. (as shown below)

Feedback 30 days 90 days 365 days Lifetime
Positive 91% 92% 94% 96%
Neutral 4% 3% 3% 2%
Negative 5% 4% 3% 2%
Count 216 457 1201 2709

seems like they have quite a few dissatisfied customers. especially in the last 3 months.

(sorry, hit "post" by accident while waiting for PB)

as i was going to show you.......

this is the APC "simulated" HID bulbs,

low beams

HID low beams,

it may not look much different in the pic's, but see the speed limit sign in the 1st pic's? notice how much farther away it is in the 2nd pic, but just as bright, and whiter in colour? forgive the blurry pic's P&S don't like low light conditions (like night time).

personally, i'd pass on those lights because of their customer feedback, and because of the heat range the lights are. the kit is a good kit (a local guy sells the same ones, never had an issue with them in 8 years)

hope that helps you a bit.

Last edited by old skool luvr; 01-26-2011 at 04:41 PM.
Old 01-26-2011, 07:10 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

8000K is almost a purple, and that colour temperature tends to be a little harder to see with than a nice white light.

Old 01-26-2011, 07:30 PM
Kai

Okay so I should look for something like 6000k then and that brand is a reputable brand well at least thats what I got out of what you guys told me besides the fact that 8000k isn't really what they advertise thanks guys.

Edit: Found 6000k ones only a couple bucks more expensive
http://www.amazon.com/JLM-PREMIUM-Co...=pd_sim_auto_3

Double Edit: But I just thought of this I kinda like the blue look do 6000k have a blue tint or are they straight up white? What I'm asking is can you tell they aren't stock? I like flaunting little upgrades I do to my truck and I might actually take pictures of it tomorrow if I remember after school.

Last edited by Kai; 01-26-2011 at 07:37 PM.
Old 01-26-2011, 07:49 PM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

6000k have a noticeable blue tint to them. I have 5000k and mine are bright white with a slight blue tint.

Old 01-26-2011, 07:57 PM
Kai

Alright thanks I think I might order those cause I like the blue tint I just don't want like the SUPER DUPER blue ya know what I mean?