Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

towing package issue with lighting setup

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2013, 10:50 PM
bryan810 is on a distinguished road
Default towing package issue with lighting setup

okay, so im new to the site. eh, but I have a 99 blazer, 2 door, push button 4wd, pretty little thing, only have had it a few months, jus happen to need to use a trailer to move some stuff, an well..... it dont work. so heres the low down on what happen, the license plate lights didnt work when we first got it, so i ran a speaker wire from the sensor of the plate lights to the break light an hooked it up to the regular light for when the running lights are on. well. i went an bought a wiring kit for a 4 flat. and well there was a wire setup on it but it was badddd all the way up the line, an there is NOO plugs as like most talk about these "T" adapters. dont know about em. havent worked on a truck evidently that was "properly" hooked up, but worked. im a shade tree mechanic but I know the motor. not the wiring. but back to my issue. i cut the wire all the way up the line, an at the end of the line. there is a bundle of wires running together. I'm not sure if it is where the "T" plugs should be but thats what is there. So i figured, well these "T" things everyone takes about EVIDENTLY runs from under the lights. so I jus dropped my tail gate an ima run it from the back rightup to the back lights. but myy issue is that I DO NOTTT kno the hooked i need. got the 3 lights in the tail lights. an the 2 lights have identical wires. brown, black, and yellow. well I have my plate lights hooked to the black an brown. so i figure thats hot an ground, but when I hook the 4 flat wires up, just the brown an red one. If its hooked up to the right sides brown an yellow, i get a right blinker, an break lights. but when its hooked up to the left side, i get both sides flashing like 4 ways as my brother in law was calling it, an break lights. I can not for the life of it get both left an right blinker AND break lights. On the 4 flat wirin harness i have it has, white/ground, green/right, yellow/left, red/break, and brown/taillights. if someone could help me out ASAP that would be the bomb.

Last edited by bryan810; 07-01-2013 at 10:53 PM.