Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

upgraded to 8000K HID's :)

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2012, 08:35 PM
davtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant future
Default upgraded to 8000K HID's :)

just showing them off, pics are a little blurry cause I took them with my iphone.

Name:  97cefd0d.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  52.1 KB
Name:  76ded83d.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  61.4 KB

But in the process, I found out why my turn signal lights are staying lit on my dashboard. A part of the led turn signals broke and wires broke off, and in the process two of the wires touched and blew out a few led's on the drivers side :/ Looks like I have to get new ones, I wanted to get white ones anyways lol

Old 06-11-2012, 09:00 PM
247monster will become famous soon enough

ive gotta say my HIDs where probly one of the best things ive gotten for my blazer ....love them i have the 10k lowbeams
btw...those look sweet on your rig and i like the halos too lol

Old 06-11-2012, 09:16 PM
davtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant future

Thanks 247. I love them, around here there's alot of highways without streetlamps, especially driving south when I go to six flags in NJ. Back when I still had the stock housings I had silverstars in there, and I thought those were bright lol. Until i got the HID's and I'll never go back to stock lol

Old 06-11-2012, 09:30 PM
247monster will become famous soon enough

lol i had some nice super bright blue halogens (ebay buy lol) loved those thought it was the best thing since sliced bread untill i saw people driven around with these even brighter super blue lights and i found out what they are (btw..im from MN and theres not alota custom shops so idk what they where so i googled blue headlights and found HIDs lol) ANYWAYS ordered some on ebay put them in and man.....never ever will i go back lol

Old 06-13-2012, 02:25 PM

sooooooo.......the ballasts crapped out this morning lol. They were the slim things, plastic cases. I couldn't believe it, I've had them in for three days. I checked them out and took my older bulkier ones, and wouldn't you know it, same power rating and everything. Hooked them up and plugged them in and they work fine Crisis averted, especially since I leave for Pittsburgh in the morning, a 10 1/2 hour drive :P

Old 06-19-2012, 10:35 PM
Maurer6156 will become famous soon enough

How complicated was it to change from regular headlights to the Halos?

Old 06-20-2012, 01:34 PM
NewbieT is on a distinguished road

link hereThose are for a second gen blazer so they would be a direct fit. They take H1 bulbs so if you wanted HID's you'd get a kit for H1 bulbs.

Old 06-27-2012, 01:20 PM

Mine were not difficult at all. The housings just swapped right out with the stock housings, and the halo rings just wired into the power of the corner turn signal lights. The low beam bulb on the stock if i remember right is a 9006 and the halo housings have two 9005 spots, so they came with an adaptor that changes the 9006 to a 9005, but the HID's i bought are 9005's and they just wire right up to the stock wiring (a wiring harness directly to bettery is recommended for start-up) and just plug and play ^.^ Easiest upgrade I have done yet..

Old 06-27-2012, 02:53 PM
03chevyblaze is on a distinguished road

I'm interested in buying HIDs for the high beam. But the stock ones double as the day time running lamps....so is it even possible to have HIDs for the high beams?? Anyone ever try it???

Old 06-27-2012, 05:58 PM
Starting Member
zball94 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 03chevyblaze
I'm interested in buying HIDs for the high beam. But the stock ones double as the day time running lamps....so is it even possible to have HIDs for the high beams?? Anyone ever try it???
Most people don't for that reason, and also because high beams are frequently turned on/off which isn't healthy for HID'S. Either go HID with the low beams or buy some high powered halogen driving lights (100w-130w)

Amazon Amazon

Last edited by zball94; 06-27-2012 at 06:02 PM.