Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

What is the antenna on the windshield for?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2011, 07:13 PM
rockman600 is on a distinguished road
Default What is the antenna on the windshield for?

I just bought a 2000 blazer but I didn't get any remotes or if it originaly had them.This blazer has a sort of a T shaped antenna behind the rear view mirror on the windshield.Could this be for remote door locks or something?How do I find out what this blazer came with from the factory?

Old 01-21-2011, 08:15 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

I haven't seen in the window antennas since the '80s on any GM vehicles. As for options, look in the glove box for a sticker with a bunch of alphanumeric three digit codes. This will be a list of everything your Blazer came with from the factory. Then find the RPO list decoder on here and you'll have your answer.

Old 01-21-2011, 09:23 PM

Thanks for the reply,this isn't the old in the windshield radio antenna,it's more like a small housing with about a 2 inch antenna sticking out of each side of it stuck to the inside of the windshield.Maybe for a phone or something but I will check out the codes and thanks for the information.

Old 01-21-2011, 09:54 PM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

pics?

Old 01-21-2011, 10:59 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

More than likely it is something aftermarket the previous owner(s) installed.

Old 01-21-2011, 11:22 PM
cochran07 is an unknown quantity at this point

Post up a pic.. I'm sure one of us can tell you what it is even if it is aftermarket.

Old 01-22-2011, 01:46 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

if your truck came with the factory keyless option, it'll have the AU0 RPO code on the glovebox door.

throw a pic up of the antenna when you get a chance.

Old 01-22-2011, 05:43 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

The description fits for an aftermarket alarm a/o remote starter.

Old 01-22-2011, 10:29 AM

Here is a pic of the antenna.

Attached Thumbnails What is the antenna on the windshield for?-100_1132.jpg  
Old 01-23-2011, 01:06 PM
cochran07 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm not too sure as to what that is. Could be something for a phone or aftermarket alarm. Trace where that wire goes coming out of the back of it it what'd I'd do..

Quick Reply: What is the antenna on the windshield for?