Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

Where is the rear water pump located for the back window wiper.

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2012, 09:13 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

Yeah pettyfog, I asked if there was a panel or plate lebeled washer fluid at the back, probably on an inside rocker panel. We haven't heard back from the OP since the OP lol.
The rockauto is a good idea but John said he researched it... who knows. My 2002 has the front tank feed both.

Like a good debate, right? It's all good information they can use to figure out wtf is going on & us too for that matter. Everything we read on here helps us in more than direct ways to figure thongs out on our vehicles & other peoples vehicles too.

<edit> ooops, not thongs - freudian slip there - ^things^

Originally Posted by richphotos
Which is why I think they should check the nozzle. If its not that, you should be able to hear the pump kick on when you try to activate it for the rear window.
Yeah rich, lots going on here. If it has the single tank they'd hear the front tanks motor. If it has a rear tank I suggested they have someone run the rear washer & listen for the motor.
If either work & no fluid sprays out they they have
A: a plugged line
B: a disconnected line
C: a plugged sprayer
D: an electrical issue
or E: & I'll LOL because we've all done the uhhh duh, I'm so stupid lol...an empty tank!

Last edited by swartlkk; 01-20-2012 at 07:05 AM. Reason: *Combining Consecutive Posts* - Please use the edit function to add additional information in your post if another member has yet to respond.
Old 01-19-2012, 09:42 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

I did some more research on this and found this for a 96

Number 12 is the rear washer pump 15 is for the front

all part numbers are in here
http://www.gmpartsdepartment.com/par...gramCallOut=15

Old 01-19-2012, 09:50 PM
BF Veteran

Ahhhhhh WTG John!
BTW I see your rep is back to green! Cheers & WTG once more!

<edit> "You must spread some reputation around before giving it to xgiovannix12 again" <---- that just doesn't sit right with me, very creepy & wrong sounding in many levels!

Last edited by Rottidog; 01-19-2012 at 09:56 PM.
Old 01-19-2012, 09:57 PM
BF Veteran
pettyfog has a spectacular aura aboutpettyfog has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Rottidog
.. Everything we read on here helps us in more than direct ways to figure thongs out on our vehicles & other peoples vehicles too.

<edit> ooops, not thongs - freudian slip there - ^things^
Why I'm here, oh ferocious canine. Like I said in the sig... going into the deep ages. Everything I do in the way of research exercises the synapses.
Speaking of which..
Was just looking up images of Kaley Cuoco while watching Big Bang Theory...episode when they come back from arctic.

.. and then you said 'Thong'.

heh.. {sheldon could explain better}

And that's good, too

Old 01-19-2012, 10:13 PM
BF Veteran

lol ferocious canine, I've called myself that since 1999 when I got my 1st computer for my love of Rottweilers. Sheldon Lee Cooper! He plays a theoretical physicist (<--- ala wikipedia now it's up & running again).

I have to ask, ".. and then you said 'Thong'.

heh.. {sheldon could explain better}

And that's good, too " meaning he could explain a thong better & I sucked at my Freudian slip/typo lol?... Did you notice there wasn't any "last edited by Rottidog at XXX"?
It was an... hmmm I noticed my mistake & thought I'd add some self humiliating humor/selflessness to the post.

Rottidog is wise beyond his beers!

ooops almost forgot the

sorry OP - where ever you are.

Last edited by Rottidog; 01-19-2012 at 10:19 PM.
Old 01-20-2012, 12:18 AM
Starting Member
Blazer51 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by xgiovannix12
I did some more research on this and found this for a 96

Number 12 is the rear washer pump 15 is for the front

all part numbers are in here
1996 CHEVROLET BLAZER Parts - GM Parts Department: Buy genuine GM auto parts & aftermarket accessories at wholesale prices.
Hey gio thanks for the diagram and everyone else thanks for your help. Ill check it out tomorrow. Damn i had a hard time getting on this page for like 2 hours, it kept telling me Error that this page didn't exist anybody had that happen?

Old 01-20-2012, 07:05 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

The pump in the bottom of the tank is for the front and the pump further up, towards the middle of the tank is for the rear. The reason is this, when you get low on washer fluid, the front pump will still clean the windshield for a bit until you're totally out.

Definitely start by filling the bottle. As indicated above, the front can work for a bit after the rear stops due to pump location in the tank.

If you can, swap the electrical connectors from pump to pump and see if it works out back. The connectors may be different so you might not be able to do that.

Old 01-20-2012, 07:32 AM
Starting Member
Longer02 is an unknown quantity at this point

Connectors are the same. I have my tank taken out because it was leaking. The motors appear identical with slight differences in the angles of the plug and the feed line for the fluid. The one from my Camaro is damn near identical as well and I am actually using that in my blazer now since one of the blazer was not sealing causing it to leak.