Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

$2.50 xbox wireless adapter?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2010, 12:26 PM
Nemo1991 is on a distinguished road
Default $2.50 xbox wireless adapter?

i was lookin on ebay for a wireless adapter for my 360 and i came across this. it says there $2.50,..there $100 brand new, am i missing something?

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Wireless-Net...item1c15e96e71

Old 10-13-2010, 12:40 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

Wow... Nice find... Looks legit...

Old 10-13-2010, 12:45 PM

yeah i think it looks legit too i just dont see how its possible lol. but i guess for under 3 bucks i dont have much to lose

Old 10-13-2010, 12:47 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

"Looks" legit, but I don't see an Xbox 360 logo on it... be weary, 2.50 either well spent or wasted, cheap gamble IMO, look into it some more.

Official:

Ebay: (looks identical minus one BIG difference.

Old 10-13-2010, 01:14 PM

yeah its not officially an xbox licensed product, but for 2.50 i can give it a try., if it doesnt work, no big deal, if it does, im happy i saved $90, and im also going to buy 100 of em and sell them for $25 a piece im skeptical, but ill let you guys know!

Old 10-13-2010, 01:17 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by Nemo1991
yeah its not officially an xbox licensed product, but for 2.50 i can give it a try., if it doesnt work, no big deal, if it does, im happy i saved $90, and im also going to buy 100 of em and sell them for $25 a piece im skeptical, but ill let you guys know!
Im in for 1..... Last year, I bought "kill dots" 10 bucks for a sticker you put on your television to no scope in COD.... Gave them to the future bro in law as a gag... He liked em... And this will be for him as well....

Old 10-13-2010, 01:35 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

lmfao... that's actually a smart idea, I wouldn't pay 10 bucks for it but that's still smart.

I did some reading and the official XBOX is a 802.11n... meaning it can manage 1080p streaming over ZUNE... the old "single antenna" adapters were 802.11g and can't support the bandwidth needed. Don't expect the same performance as the $100.00 one, but if you plan on using ZUNE, I'd maybe shell out the extra on a used Xbox lisensed product.

Old 10-13-2010, 01:49 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by oktain
lmfao... that's actually a smart idea, I wouldn't pay 10 bucks for it but that's still smart.

I did some reading and the official XBOX is a 802.11n... meaning it can manage 1080p streaming over ZUNE... the old "single antenna" adapters were 802.11g and can't support the bandwidth needed. Don't expect the same performance as the $100.00 one, but if you plan on using ZUNE, I'd maybe shell out the extra on a used Xbox lisensed product.
ZUNE is the ipod fail... Lol.....

I personally hate microsoft, with the exception of the xbox and xbox live

Old 10-13-2010, 02:17 PM
BF Veteran

ZUNE is the video streaming software on the Xbox lmao, you can rent 1080P movies and either stream them or download them to your harddrive and delete them after watching them.

Sort of like Netflix I guess, we don't have Netflix on our Xbox's in Canada though.

Old 10-13-2010, 02:34 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by oktain
ZUNE is the video streaming software on the Xbox lmao, you can rent 1080P movies and either stream them or download them to your harddrive and delete them after watching them.

Sort of like Netflix I guess, we don't have Netflix on our Xbox's in Canada though.
A certain company I work for has been getting calls about their televisions and blurays and netflix issues in canada.... For some reason their firmware doesnt support it and the reps have been spending hours trying to change settings etc.... when in the Manual it clearly states say not available in Canada... Lol

Quick Reply: $2.50 xbox wireless adapter?