Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2011, 10:44 PM
m3ch is on a distinguished road
Default 1944

so, i FINALLY GOT THE CALL!!!!

the call for my Mosin Nagant =), it turns out to be a 1944 Izhevsk (Soviet Union), it is in Beautiful condition, only a few marks on the stock (that are not stops/refurb marks) and shoots nicely i think it is off a bit though so i will need to find out when i get some targets

came with:

Bayonet, Oil can (dual chamber), ammo pouches, and a sling

every thing looks new, the people at the shop i bought said its the best they have seen come through, i will take some pics when i get a camera

Old 08-18-2011, 11:57 PM
Beginning Member
HigherPower is an unknown quantity at this point

I own a few myself, bought one then another and then the carbine version, very interesting you can actually get alot of history off the markings on the gun. If its a double date even better. Mine is a 1944/51 which means it saw serivce with the ministry of defense(MO) in 51 and 99.9% of the time will be marked with an MO. I picked them up when the glut was on for about $65.00 if you dont mind what do they want for them nowadays.

Check your markings here: Mosin Nagant Rifle Guide to Proofs and Markings

Old 08-19-2011, 12:48 AM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

I used to have a few of em. great guns.

hint about em. The front site will be a little to short and to the right. You can turn the tiny "stick" a little to make up for it. And for it being too short cut you off a tiny piece of Q-tip stick and its just big enough to slide on it. then paint it black with a sharpie. Ive done it several times. Reason they are off is because they were designed to shoot with the bayonet on.when its on it gives it a little weight to one side.

Old 08-19-2011, 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by HigherPower
I picked them up when the glut was on for about $65.00 if you dont mind what do they want for them nowadays.

i picked mine up for 87.60 without tax with tax it wouldve been like 90 something, but my total was 102.03 because i had a 8 dollar shell holder i bought for my other rifle

edit: okay so im going to be looking at the marks

Izhevsk post-1938 Soviet
M91/30, M38, or M44

Hammer & Sickle stamped over Eagle
Receiver

im not sure BUT i think it is a Remington bolt because i see a remington mark

and thats all i can find, but theres alot more marks that are not mentioned on the website

Edit Again : mine is double dated first date is 1933 and 1942

Last edited by m3ch; 08-21-2011 at 10:31 AM.
Old 08-19-2011, 05:02 PM
Beginning Member

Nice! They are fun to shoot for sure just make sure to clean it good before some still have cosmoline in them. Mine came wrapped in brown paper with cosmoline and definately needed to be cleaned. As far as the markings go yours being a 33 is most likely better in workmanship than the ones that were produced during WWII, they were just get em out though they dont lack functionality I've seen side by side the quality is just a bit better.

Old 08-21-2011, 12:06 PM

AND heres some pics and a vid of my gf shooting it

edit: oh yeah i was having a hard time seeing the 1942 in different lights till that day, so i did find out later it was dated 1942

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cXSIGSLUQI

Last edited by m3ch; 08-21-2011 at 12:11 PM.
Old 08-21-2011, 05:34 PM
Thor_449 is an unknown quantity at this point

We have several of them, I prefer other things to them. But what we did do to one, we own, was modify the action to take a 500 jeffery bullet....why? cause we could. The trick with that was forming casings that would work. Since they make no dies for this we fire formed our brass to size.

Old 08-21-2011, 05:56 PM
Beginning Member

Nice condition. Tell her to lean into it!

Whats the grouping at 50yds? Not sure if you have tried it. aH! just noticed you have the carbine.

Old 08-21-2011, 06:07 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

They are definately the best bang for the buck! And I just knew your GF wasn't going to like what happened after she pulled the trigger. Aside from these things having a pretty good kick, her form wasn't the best. Same thing happened when my now wife first shot my .32 Win Special.

If you want something to go along with your Nagant, try to find the revolver. It is a bit odd and the ammo is just as odd.

Old 08-21-2011, 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by HigherPower
Nice condition. Tell her to lean into it!

Whats the grouping at 50yds? Not sure if you have tried it. aH! just noticed you have the carbine.

she didnt have her feet far enough apart, and its a 91/30, not a carbine =p

idk about the grouping we just took it out to shoot, but from what i could tell its pretty much on