Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

2011 Chevy Cruze - to pimp or not to pimp

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2010, 07:46 PM
boomtruck97 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 2011 Chevy Cruze - to pimp or not to pimp

ok, so here is the question. How many kids are going to try to "Pimp" the new chevy cruze?

heres the deal - Its a small economy car, easy on the wallet available in a 4 door sedan and comming soon a hatchback.

On top of that its claiming 30 city / 40 highway.
the motor: 1.4L inline 4 turbo ecotec with 6 speed manual option

just think - for 15 grand total they could buy it and get lambo doors and rims! lol, thats a funny thought.

My point is - What do you guys think about what will happen with this car?

Old 04-06-2010, 08:30 PM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

I donno. I think its too "old lady" looking for kids to really get into pimping it out. I think the Cobalt and Pursuit/G5 will keep that spot. It can be even cheaper and you can get them off lease for REALLLLY cheap.

Old 04-06-2010, 08:32 PM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

I think it will appeal to people who are looking to get themselves a sporty, economic, and looks good.. i'd honestly be in the market for it if i wasn't hooked on my chevy trucks

i mean most people think the malibu is too much of an old man car but i still really like them even with only a 4 cylinder, they are classy cars and smooth riders

Old 04-06-2010, 09:45 PM
LuvMyTJ is on a distinguished road

The Cruze shares many components and styling features with the Daewoo Lacetti, including a large portion of sheetmetal.

Old 04-06-2010, 10:13 PM
88s10Blazer is an unknown quantity at this point

I actually like that black and orange. I'd wait a couple years for them to work out the bugs like any new model before I would buy one...

Old 04-06-2010, 10:19 PM
luvastyl is on a distinguished road

Last edited by luvastyl; 04-06-2010 at 10:30 PM.
Old 04-06-2010, 11:43 PM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by 88s10Blazer
I actually like that black and orange. I'd wait a couple years for them to work out the bugs like any new model before I would buy one...
For some reason i do too.. not the orange wheels but the accents i do... its something different i guess.

Old 04-07-2010, 01:13 AM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

Mmmmmm! Wonder what my Blazer would look like with orange accents rather than the red?????????

Old 04-07-2010, 07:05 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Well considering it's the successor to the Cavalier (HUGE rice rocket) and the Cobalt (even more of a rice rocket) I'm fairly confident the Cruze will be no different.

Old 04-07-2010, 07:41 AM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Like anything, you'll have three crowds:
1. 16 yr old who was given mommy's car and to look cool at High School he's going to rice it out with chrome hubcaps, fart can and ugly spoiler...

2. The tasteful customs... a.k.a. really nice set of rims, not much rubber around the hoops, lowered a few inches to get that sporty stance, maybe a sporty lip kit, set of projector headlights or murdered out. Most work is done under the hood...

3. "What's aftermarket performance parts? Will they fit on my walker?"

IMO it's a ritch looking car, nice lines and mean looking front end. Would I buy it? if I had a family yes, but I don't, so 2dr Blazer it is lmao. Next vehicle is a full size though, when I'm done school..

Sidnote: notice on the license plate it says GGAY... I just got a chuckle because I find that the picture TJ posted falls under my category 1 of ugly customs... stripes are for muscle cars IMO.

Last edited by oktain; 04-07-2010 at 07:46 AM.

Quick Reply: 2011 Chevy Cruze - to pimp or not to pimp