Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

30,000, why not 300,000, or 3 Million? (WTF?)

Old 12-01-2009, 09:28 PM
BlazeringSaddles is on a distinguished road
Default 30,000, why not 300,000, or 3 Million? (WTF?)

Why on EARTH do we think we can do what the British drippy-dicks, (in FOUR tries),and the Russians, (in TWO tries), who were MUCH more ruthless than we are NOW could NOT do in Afghanisan?!? This war has gone on 8 years, ONLY the Revolutionary War, and the Viet-Nam wars went on for such a long period!!!
Thanks for letting me vent, and BRING the %^^##( Troops home "YESTERDAY") !!!!!!!!!!

Signed: "A Patriot"

And Obama wants to bring more nations into.... (of course! To gain public support for an UN-Winable WAR!!! GRRR!!! FTS!!!

Last edited by BlazeringSaddles; 12-01-2009 at 09:32 PM.
Old 12-01-2009, 10:33 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

Afghanistan in my (slightly biased but strictly personal) opinion, was never a "winnable" place. The war is not on a nation, people, or religon; its on "terrorism", hence the name. While that is just as stupid as a war on drugs, there it is.
Why send 30k more troop-a-loops over? Why not? You can't pull out. You have to make it look like you are ready to leave. if you pull out everything we have done, spent, and lost will have been in vain. Granted it's no consolation to a family of a deceased marine, or the fiance of a crippled soldier that we have "stabalized a nation" but that is what they signed up for. Knowing full well they would be tucked in beside some rocks, in a God forsaken mountain pass, shooting it out with some a-hole they don't know, or even give a good god damn about.

I pray that i get grabbed up to go back to the really real Army. i am at my best when I'm bleeding and re-loading. That may sound stupid and macho to you, it may sound idiotic if you have read the post about my daughter. But that is the way it is. i am me, and i am good at what i do. i choose to be there, but as of right now, the Army has different plans.

The surge is dumb. It will do the same thing it did in Iraq. my bobies = a bigger presence, in turn = more patrols/operation, in turn = harder to do stupid stuff if you are of that mindset, in turn = looks like it stabalized the area. Then when they cycle out after their year or 15 months or wtf ever, the baddy bad guys year old plans come to fuit, and BLAM resurgance of insurgents and a new surge of troops.

Do I support the war? WTF does that matter? By the letter yes means you dont want to be threatened by terroristic acts, so unless you are a terrorist, you should support "this war". But that would make you sound like Bill O'Reilly and a smart *** to argue that way.

Should we be there? i dont care. i dont care about iraq/Afghanistan. i don't care about those people. I dont care about their problems. i dont care about their hopes, dreams, fears, etc. To be quite honset, do you? look deep into yourself? Do you give two sh*ts about either of those countries? ....

As long as there are troops there, i an draw breath, and am still in uniform, i feel it is my place to be there. some of you may understand, some may not, some of you can empathize, others will think i'm a flag flying uneducated fool who gets shot at because i'm too dumb to have a real job in the real world. Who knows maybe you're right. I am not hear to argue, or cause problems. i hope to have presented my VIEWS intelligently (as much as i can )

I have a tatoo of a scroll that says "Si Vis Pacem" and carved into the skin below it "Para Bellum" it means, if you wish for peace, prepare for war. As long as there are a finite resoure, no matter how trivial, and 2 people on this earth, there will be conflict. It's human nature.

I leave you with this Big Boy Language so its linked.... view your own risk <-- NOT DIRECTED AT ANYONE so dont get your feelings hurt, i find this hilarious and it pertains (slightly)

Old 12-01-2009, 11:01 PM
BlazeringSaddles is on a distinguished road
Default Nothing personal meant amigo!

I too wore a "costume" within Uncle Sam's "Might makes Right Machine". And as a young lad I did not think half as much as you do about the 'right or wrong ' of it...You are a very intelligent man as I can tell by your reply. My thoughts as a result almost always make me wonder as to who might be the next "Einstein", "Louis Pasteurs", and/or Abraham Lincolns, -etc; if fine young intelligent guys and gals like yourself were allowed to do much more constructie things with their time here on earth!? Life is too short to be caught up in some profiteer/rackateer's "police action" which is what ALL wars have been like since WWII. We have NOT won a war since then because we lack the STABLE, and/or INTELLIGENT leadership to do so. Meaning basically that no amount of military might will EVER stop a people from defending THEIR homeland(s), as is there right as it is also OUR right to do the same! We can no more patrol the world (police actions), to make it safe than we can Ferk for virginity, or "fight for peace" in other words. They are pathetic jingoisms, like saying "Support out Troops". OF COURSE we support our troops, but that is NOT the ferkin' point! We do NOT support the ****-wipes that put us all in harms way to BEGIN with! *wink* BIG difference to put it VERY politely!!!!!!!!

My grievance lies in the fact that all too often our young folks who are brimming w./ testosterone and/or estrogen are sent in harm's way to do the bidding of fat, old, lazy devious ****-wipes like Dick Cheney to name a few! {i.e.; during the Viet-Nam war, he was given FIVE deferments because according to him ..."I had OTHER priorities"... My GOD! Don't you think that all those people who DID in fact serve their country did NOT have OTHER priorities!?!

I use him as a shining example of how a war profiteer makes BILLIONS of dollars on the bodies (alive and dead) of young folks who are too naieve to know any better because they have not lived long enough yet to gain experience which (hopefully) leads to widsom!?! We need to READ more accounts of our and other civiliazation's histories to understand what EXACTLY is going on NOW!!!!

To try and end a war I FULLY realize sounds UN-patriotic while said war(s) are in session, but that is what helped bring at least one war to an end in the past century! We need to get out heaqd out of our ***** and realize that 'WE the People' are the BIGGEST terrorist nation that the world has ever seen! Look at Nicaraugua, Honduras, Panama/Noreiga and Iraq/Hussein, and Pinochet (which our CIA dickweeds financed and orchestrated w./ OUR freakin; tax dollars to get a glimpse of what WE the USA have done to people around the world! We also BUTCHERED THOUSANDS of innocent civilians in the Phillipines in the early 1900's also. Funn how "WE the PEOPLE were NEVER EVER taught that in our lame-arsed textbook, eh boys and girls!?

And when we look at how the more you fight your so called "enemy" the more you become like them to a large exent, the only way to TRUELY end conflicts is to sit down and talk to your foes, and hope like HELL we can all come to some sort of middle ground! This HAD to be done in Viet Nam, since it could NOT be won the way we fight wars... and that war is no different than any other war in that, if folks are allowed to "hash it out" we would NOT be in the mess we are in now in the first place~!

To NOT do this, is to be just as stubborn and as assinine as those we oppose!

Last edited by BlazeringSaddles; 12-01-2009 at 11:29 PM.
Old 12-01-2009, 11:18 PM
BF Veteran

Too true. About the hashing things out. About the 'become as your enemy'. About basically everything you said. I do not disagree with anything in this last post. Infact, judging by what was said here, i think the first was a lot of "knee jerk reaction" to this dumbass plan (and the plan is dumb FYI) and your anger over how it's being mishandled seeped through.

This sucks! As much as I wanted not to argue, I did not think we would rationaly end this in 4 posts LOL! To hash things out and have no legit 'beef' leaves me happy and disappointed

Well played, sir!

Old 12-01-2009, 11:43 PM
RangerG will become famous soon enoughRangerG will become famous soon enough

Just thought I'd chime in that it is costing you guys 1 millions dollars, per year, per soldier. And a lovely grand total of 223 BILLION US taxpayers dollars have been soaked into that war.

And for what?

Old 12-02-2009, 12:08 AM
okvortec is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by ABN31B
Afghanistan in my (slightly biased but strictly personal) opinion, was never a "winnable" place. The war is not on a nation, people, or religon; its on "terrorism", hence the name. While that is just as stupid as a war on drugs, there it is.
Why send 30k more troop-a-loops over? Why not? You can't pull out. You have to make it look like you are ready to leave. if you pull out everything we have done, spent, and lost will have been in vain. Granted it's no consolation to a family of a deceased marine, or the fiance of a crippled soldier that we have "stabalized a nation" but that is what they signed up for. Knowing full well they would be tucked in beside some rocks, in a God forsaken mountain pass, shooting it out with some a-hole they don't know, or even give a good god damn about.

I pray that i get grabbed up to go back to the really real Army. i am at my best when I'm bleeding and re-loading. That may sound stupid and macho to you, it may sound idiotic if you have read the post about my daughter. But that is the way it is. i am me, and i am good at what i do. i choose to be there, but as of right now, the Army has different plans.

The surge is dumb. It will do the same thing it did in Iraq. my bobies = a bigger presence, in turn = more patrols/operation, in turn = harder to do stupid stuff if you are of that mindset, in turn = looks like it stabalized the area. Then when they cycle out after their year or 15 months or wtf ever, the baddy bad guys year old plans come to fuit, and BLAM resurgance of insurgents and a new surge of troops.

Do I support the war? WTF does that matter? By the letter yes means you dont want to be threatened by terroristic acts, so unless you are a terrorist, you should support "this war". But that would make you sound like Bill O'Reilly and a smart *** to argue that way.

Should we be there? i dont care. i dont care about iraq/Afghanistan. i don't care about those people. I dont care about their problems. i dont care about their hopes, dreams, fears, etc. To be quite honset, do you? look deep into yourself? Do you give two sh*ts about either of those countries? ....

As long as there are troops there, i an draw breath, and am still in uniform, i feel it is my place to be there. some of you may understand, some may not, some of you can empathize, others will think i'm a flag flying uneducated fool who gets shot at because i'm too dumb to have a real job in the real world. Who knows maybe you're right. I am not hear to argue, or cause problems. i hope to have presented my VIEWS intelligently (as much as i can )

I have a tatoo of a scroll that says "Si Vis Pacem" and carved into the skin below it "Para Bellum" it means, if you wish for peace, prepare for war. As long as there are a finite resoure, no matter how trivial, and 2 people on this earth, there will be conflict. It's human nature.

I leave you with this Big Boy Language so its linked.... view your own risk <-- NOT DIRECTED AT ANYONE so dont get your feelings hurt, i find this hilarious and it pertains (slightly)
You make some very good points. I can't say that I follow national affairs closely, but you can bet I do local.

Even the local crap I see everyday reminds me that we have a war in our own streets. I'm all for "the fight on terrorism" on all levels. I can'r say that I'm pleased with what it has done to this country over the past few years.. but **** happens. We'll get everything settled eventually and come out of the recession and life will be good again. Until then we just have to let things run their course.

Frankly, it doesnt matter what any of us feel about the war. The big wigs are gonna do what they feel best regardless. So why worry?

Originally Posted by RangerG
Just thought I'd chime in that it is costing you guys 1 millions dollars, per year, per soldier. And a lovely grand total of 223 BILLION US taxpayers dollars have been soaked into that war.

And for what?
I can't say if that is true or false, but I'd like to see the source you got that from...

Old 12-02-2009, 12:12 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by RangerG

And for what?
to try and stop those *** holes from bringing it over here to my wife & kids, that's why!!!

sorry RangerG, i'm not ragging on you, but sometimes i wonder "why did you even get involved in the first place then?" that, of course, was directed @ our wonderful leaders who are now changing their minds.

i've seriously thought about trying to join our Canadian Military, but @ my age, i don't think i'd be accepted. i wish i had realized my Patriotism was as strong as it has been since, well, i guess when the s**t hit the fan on my son's 1st birthday-that's right, September 11th, 2001.
both my grandfather's were in the military, my Dad's Dad was even in the WWI (lied about his age). my wife's youngest niece has been in Cadets for almost 2 yrs now (since she was 15), and my son has shown great interest in it as well.

with all the crap that is going on with terrorism around he world, i seriously think all of our governments around the free world need to rethink their stand on removing the troops from that hell hole over there.

while i agree that this is probably a war we can never truely win, we can't give up the fight now.............not ever.

Curtis.......for you and your buddies,

(sorry, i couldn't find a Canadian flag, so yours will have to do)

Old 12-02-2009, 12:22 AM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Just a friendly reminder guys that this type discussion can get out of hand if not handled correctly. No problem yet, just be polite.

Old 12-02-2009, 12:29 AM
BF Veteran

Game on again!
Can you put a price on freedom!? Do you know what happens to Canada if America falls? You become frances Bitch again!

Ok now that that is over... RangerG: WTF? a mil, per body, per year. that sounds more like a break down of cost compared to soldier as opposed to an ACTUAL cost. like saying if five dudes get killed in a van one day in an intersection, at the end of the week the death toll is a body a day at the corner of street and number!

Also take a look at the cost of taking on impressionable highschooler and turning them into an NCO by the end of their 4 year enlistment. $$$ baby, and i'm not talking about pay checks, i mean $ dumped into everything that goes into getting feet in boots!

rriddle3 the first paragraph above was a joke, but i will keep it civil on my end.

** EDIT** Wow this thing exploded while i was hunting down that pic!

You want to know how i knew going to war was the right thing? because I had a king on my side son. Nothing says "sorry you lost a hand" like some fries and a coke with your whopper
Read it an weep.

Attached Thumbnails 30,000, why not 300,000, or 3 Million? (WTF?)-5-just-like-my-pay-check....jpg  

Last edited by ABN31B; 12-02-2009 at 12:37 AM.
Old 12-02-2009, 01:18 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

rriddle3, i was being polite-i started writing a minute after RangerG posted. had to keep going back and editing what i was "ranting" about, just so i wouldn't **** you Mods (and everyone else of course) off, which would've banned my *** for a big timeout i'm sure.

while i respect that everyone has their right to an opinion-and that includes the ******** who started this mess (don't get picky with me on the details about how the Western world leaders were @ fault first).

but i just don't get the fact that there's no denying that if we pull out, then our life here as we know it, will be alot harder to handle without our liberties & freedom being taken away because they don't like it.

oh yeah. Curtis, did you use those coupons or did you keep them as a souvenir

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 30,000, why not 300,000, or 3 Million? (WTF?)