Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

almost forgot about bf.com

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2009, 10:06 AM
davtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant future
Default almost forgot about bf.com

Haven't been around much, but aiming to change that. Been having issues with the blazer and just real busy. Working retail is no cake walk, especially now that the holidays are coming up. For those of you who dont know what i do, I run one of the largest cheese shoppes in a grocery store in the state of CT. Actually the store is the largest dairy store on the east coast lol. Also I recently got a new iphone, so I go on the internet and play games on there, so no ned to turn on the computer. I did hook mine up to my Vizio 32"LCD TV, so I should be on more. I have spent almost 2,000.00 on the blazer in the past month. Oil changes, diff fluid changes, transfer case fluid change, ball joints, allignment, thermostat, and intake gasket. I'm almost broke, but I'll recover. Already planning on what I am going to do in the spring. The blazer will be paid off in january, so rims are first on my list after I get my bills paid off from the repair bills and stuff. Still owe my parents a little over a grand for past repair bills. Pic in my sig is the same, haven't done any modding to it in the last 4-5 months.

Old 10-29-2009, 10:08 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Dave! Welcome back man! I hear ya about things getting crazy this time of year! Stop in when you can!

Old 10-29-2009, 11:59 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Welcome back Dave!
This is the worst time of year for Retail! I did it for many years. can't say I really miss it though (at least not around this time of the year!). Anyway, good to see you back around BF. Stop by when you can...lots of stuff going on as always

Old 10-29-2009, 09:17 PM
davtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant future

I now have a reason to turn on my computer. First, while cleaning my room a couple of weeks ago, I dropped my external hard drive and broke it. All my downloaded music, GONE! And I'm not talking about a few cd's worth, I'm talking gigs and gig's worth of music. Probably at least about 80gigs worth of music, GONE! Now last night while cleaning out my itunes library, I noticed all the names of the songs that I lost still in my itunes library. I was tired of getting error messages cause itunes couldn't find the songs, so I deleted my itunes library not realizing until after i pressed enter that that included all of the cd's I had imported. Now I'm starting from scratch. At least it gives me a reason to turn on the computer and the subscription to megaupload came in handy after all lol.

It's my third holiday season at my current job. Did it for about 9 years at my old job. That was a smaller supermarket in town, but still nuts. It's my second holiday season at my current position. Last year was a catastrophe. I wasn't ready at all. My boss and I were scrambling around after thanksgiving cause everything we had set aside sold and we had three weeks before the christmas shoppers. I got a real head start this year starting to back up a month and a half ago. I'm more experienced in the position and I know better of what I am doing than last year. My boss is happy too, which makes for an easy season. Overtime pay is nice too, plus sunday pay. And with the blazer being paid off in january, that means more cash coming my way!

I got one surprise out of the reapirs though. From the bigger alternator I put in along with a new idler pulley and a belt tensioner, something i did wasnt right and it just kept squealing and squealing. I replaced the belt twice and it just started squealing a couple weeks later. I don't think I put the idler pulley on right. With the replacement of the intake gasket, they had to take all that stuff off. They put it back the right way and no squeal at all. It was the first thing I noticed when I started it the day I picked it up. I was a nice surprise. he other surprise was still no heat lol. I brought it back and they did something and I had heat. Now the heat decides when it wants to work. Sometimes it HOT, and somtimes it's a little cool. At least it works every other try, before I had all air conditioning, not too good for defrosting windows on a cold morning lol.

Plus I bought tickets to go and see The Lion King at the Bushnell in Hartford in January. 5 rows from the orchestra pit. Cost me a pretty penny, 250 bucks for three tickets. My brother is going to repay me though.

Last edited by davtak; 10-29-2009 at 09:28 PM.
Old 10-29-2009, 09:40 PM
Blazin NC is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome back Dave... when are we going to see the infamous light bar??

Old 10-29-2009, 09:57 PM

LMFAO!! I haven't actually installed it yet. It's still in my attic. Defenitely this spring it's going up. You know, it's still not too cold during the day, maybe if I feel ambisious, I'll do it in the next couple of weeks before the winter. I am making a list of things I want to do including repainting the roof rack, painting the frame rails, rims, nerf bars, and much more. The lights on my safari bar are starting to rust a bit on top, so I am going to take them off, sand the metal housing down a bit to remove the rust and truck bed liner them to match the light bar lights. I really want to change my front bumper out with this one, only mine would be all black. I dont like the current one I have with the chrome top and bottom valance that is a completely different color than anything else on the truck, along with that gaudy bumper strip in the middle.

I'm going to start making some junkyard trips in the spring hoping that I will come across one. Always looking for a reason to go to the junkyard. Sometimes I go and pay $1 just to walk around and look, usually I find something I can use.

I am going to wash the blazer and give it one last waxing before the winter and I will drop the light bar up there and snap a pic just for S & G's.

Last edited by davtak; 10-29-2009 at 10:00 PM.
Old 10-29-2009, 11:10 PM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

Gotta go black!

Welcome back mate. Long time no hear! LOL

Glad to hear all is good on the job front. I've also settled into my new job (6 months now) & so far the bosses are impressed.

Look forward to more communications & yea, still waiting to see those lights up top!

My daughter recently bought a 2002 Chevy Cruze aka Holden Cruze, Subaru Jimny but actually is a Suzuki Ignis! LOL

Anyway, what I'm saying is it is black & we call it the Blazer's lil bro! AND, if you're not gonna fit those damn dinky lil lights then send them here! They'll fit nice on the lil bro!

I'm going to (without telling her) black (& red) out the gold bowtie, red bowties on the centre caps of the rims for starters! Even though she says no. And then, wait for it ... "drum roll......" lights on the roof! LOL

Anyway, welcome back.

Old 11-06-2009, 01:00 AM
BF Veteran
Chevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura about

Welcome back Dave. I've been gone for a while also. That's life.
Sounds like you have an airlock in your cooling system.

Old 11-06-2009, 10:34 PM

Turns out they flushed the heater core. Well, a few days after they did it the first time, the heat went cold again. I brought it back and they flushed it again on wednesday and so far *knock on wood* everything is okay. He did tell me that the system was very dirty and gunky and needed the flush. How do you, or can you, take out the backflow tank for the antifreeze so I can clean it out. It is filled with crap that I am afraid it will clog something up again.

I am on so many forums and websites, I cant keep track of them all. I was spending quite a bit of my time on gmtf, but not anymore. Plus with my iphone, havent gone on the internet on my computer in months. Like I said, I have about 100 gigs worth of music to get back.

Last edited by davtak; 11-06-2009 at 10:36 PM.
Old 11-07-2009, 06:33 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Just remove your PCM and the overflow bottle will unbolt from the inner fender.

Quick Reply: almost forgot about bf.com