Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

alright buddies,im screwed big. computer died.

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2013, 07:00 PM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about
Default alright buddies,im screwed big. computer died.

well,my laptops hdd died completely tonight. its been on its last legs for some time. im borrowing my parents laptop but they need it back asap...

the laptop i had is like 8 years old,1.66ghz 1gig ram etc...its a pos. Well..i MUST have a computer. So....whats my spending limit? a whoppin 175 bucks. its what ive got to work with in paypal and im not expecting much.i dont do gaming or major stuff. all i do is youtube,ebay,gmail (to talk to homo richphotos and gio) and thats about it.

i need my computer gurus to get to work on ebay etc to find me the best deal for the buck as i shall be doing myself. Some of you know i can find some crazy good ****,but i need some help on this one.

Yea,since im on a budget i could buy a hdd

and torrent a operation system,but i dont do that **** period. And honestly as old as this computer is id break it taking it apart. So,help me on my quest. if you find me something "decent" i might compensate you a few bucks for your time if ive got it left.
thanks my peeps,homies,lesbians. lol

Old 12-02-2013, 07:36 PM
CAB
Starting Member
CAB is on a distinguished road

I am no guru but I would try craigslist. I just checked mine and there are lots of them for under $200 and if they have a paypal account it is an easy transfer.........

Old 12-02-2013, 07:49 PM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

yep. im hitting the Craigs and ebay. so far its reallllllly old systems. im not expecting quad core etc...but imma find me something.

Old 12-02-2013, 07:57 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

gonna be tough, for that price, you mostly can only find netbooks, but here is a laptop that is close to your budget, asus makes pretty good stuff..
Newegg.com - ASUS X200CA-DB02 Intel Celeron 1007U(1.5GHz) 2GB Memory 320GB HDD 11.6" Notebook Ubuntu

Old 12-02-2013, 08:04 PM
Starting Member
HostileJava is on a distinguished road

What are you using it for, maybe a tablet with a wireless keyboard might better fit into your budget.

Old 12-02-2013, 08:05 PM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

Good luck with the search man. I'll look at the CL around here for you.

Old 12-02-2013, 08:56 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Doubt your going to find anything great with that budget.

Old 12-02-2013, 09:01 PM
07nhbpsi is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by chris015
well,my laptops hdd died completely tonight. its been on its last legs for some time. im borrowing my parents laptop but they need it back asap...

the laptop i had is like 8 years old,1.66ghz 1gig ram etc...its a pos. Well..i MUST have a computer. So....whats my spending limit? a whoppin 175 bucks. its what ive got to work with in paypal and im not expecting much.i dont do gaming or major stuff. all i do is youtube,ebay,gmail (to talk to homo richphotos and gio) and thats about it.

i need my computer gurus to get to work on ebay etc to find me the best deal for the buck as i shall be doing myself. Some of you know i can find some crazy good ****,but i need some help on this one.

Yea,since im on a budget i could buy a hdd

and torrent a operation system,but i dont do that **** period. And honestly as old as this computer is id break it taking it apart. So,help me on my quest. if you find me something "decent" i might compensate you a few bucks for your time if ive got it left.
thanks my peeps,homies,lesbians. lol

U can find IBM laptops for that range!!!! A T60 or a T 61 now these aren't top of the line.......but are wireless and pretty stout little machines built real well!!!! I have an old t60 that was built around 2003? Still works pretty good minus the virus on it........for around $300 u can buy the IBM refurbished from tiger direct

Old 12-02-2013, 09:03 PM
07nhbpsi is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by 07nhbpsi
U can find IBM laptops for that range!!!! A T60 or a T 61 now these aren't top of the line.......but are wireless and pretty stout little machines built real well!!!! I have an old t60 that was built around 2003? Still works pretty good minus the virus on it........for around $300 u can buy the IBM refurbished from tiger direct
I basically keep it around to run my hondata program for my Si works great for that, and surfing the internet

Old 12-02-2013, 09:52 PM
BF Veteran

alrighty peeps...so i got me a laptop on the ebay...

120gb hd.
15.4 screen
2.20hz dual core
3gb ram
xp

for 130 bucks off ebay from a reputable seller.

Id state brand but then it'd be a battle vs who LOL. if it works for 6 months il be happy. il be replacing it later. i feel mucho better. no lets enjoy the anxiety of waiting to see if it works LOL

Quick Reply: alright buddies,im screwed big. computer died.