Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Annoying noises

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2012, 10:55 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about
Default Annoying noises

Dont you just hate when there is an annoying noise, that you cant recreate, and its not all the time, but you cant figure out what the hell it is. No matter what you check, and re-check, it still taunts you. And when you actually listen for it, it does not do it. Makes you think you are going crazy.
For instance, on the jimmy, there is this hallow sounding "clunk", its at random, no matter the bump, speed, size of the bump, accelerating or coasting, I will hear it, actually listen for it, and I wont. Then i wont hear it for days, even a week at a time. Almost sounds like its coming from behind the drivers seat. It is driving me absolutely insane. I thankfully have ruled out anything suspension related after checking everything, time and time again.

So lets hear your annoying noises that you cant find.

Old 11-15-2012, 02:42 PM
Starting Member
BresBlazy will become famous soon enough

Mine does it too! seems to be when heating up and when cooling, I think its something under there expanding and contracting.....I know some of my pipes to the catty are warped where my 02 sensors are, I dont know if its that...sounds like my gas tank to me though.

Old 11-15-2012, 03:35 PM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

squeaks, drive me nuts. Just 30 minutes ago I was laying under neath my blazer spray lubing the leaf springs bodymounts shock mounts anything that could possibly squeak. I also get a clunk every couple of days when applying the brakes, coming from the drivers side front. Maybe a cracked pad or something

Old 11-15-2012, 03:50 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

I was wondering for a bit there if I was the only one that was completely driven insane from noises, i will be immersed in a song, and instantly pause the music, and the girlfriend will look at me like "what the hell are you doing" and i will just say "shhhh, i'm listening"

Old 11-15-2012, 04:05 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

I have one of those noises except I know where its coming from but it still drives me insane!! Mine is my hi lift rattling on my roof rack and I only hear it while sitting still so its really annoying with all the stop lights in my area.

Old 11-15-2012, 05:35 PM
Diaita will become famous soon enough

there is a loud snap(too sharp of a noise to be a relay or such) from the middle of the dash after about 10 mins driving. does it heat on or off, 130 degree day or 20 degree day, day. night. its done it for the 14 years ive had it. dash has been out a couple times for other reasons and i couldnt find any problems. i dont hear it anymore, but it concerns others LOL

Old 11-15-2012, 07:16 PM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

rich,you have 4wd right? clunk behind drivers seat? im 99% sure its the driver aside torsion mount. mine did the SAME thing. especially on turns...crawl under there and apply a little pressure to it with a floor jack. if it raises up its bad.

Old 11-15-2012, 07:34 PM
BF Veteran

I was thinking t-bar mount, I know the passenger side is new within the last couple years (receipts from previous owner)
Is it the drivers side that is the easy one to replace correct? if that so happens to be the problem.
Initially when my cab mounts broke (front ones) i thought it was the torsion bar, got under there and looked and found the cab mounts broken (still have not gotten around to fixing them either, looks like next spring, at least they do not cause a serious problem LOL)

I will check the t-bar mount

Now, for more annoying noises.
Another one, is the cowl. on the passenger side does not fit tight into the slide that holds it down, and when its windy when going down the road, it will tap against the metal in the mount slide, real annoying, had a piece of foam in there for stop it for awhile, not sure what happened to that.

Old 11-15-2012, 07:44 PM
4X4GS10B is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by chris015
rich,you have 4wd right? clunk behind drivers seat? im 99% sure its the driver aside torsion mount. mine did the SAME thing. especially on turns...crawl under there and apply a little pressure to it with a floor jack. if it raises up its bad.
Well that explains my noise...went out crawled under pushed up on my torsion bar it moves..now my only ? Is does anyone rent the tool to unload the torsion bars...

Old 11-15-2012, 07:51 PM
BF Veteran

you dont need to do all that to do the t-bar mount, do a search on here, its fairly simple, drivers is easiest I believe

Quick Reply: Annoying noises