Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Any coin collecters here .

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2012, 09:37 AM
atvwarrior will become famous soon enough
Default Any coin collecters here .

I have collected coins and paper money for quite some time now , more less as a hobby . Its a cut throat hobby though if you don't know what your doing , and I haven't a clue . My mom has a pretty sharp eye for silver and unique coins so any time one would come through her store she would save it . A couple years ago for christmas my my gave me her coin collection , it was the greatest present ever and NOT like my mom . And her collection mated with mine , well it just makes me happy to know that I can save a little money . I'll post some pictures of my collection in a little while . Just thought it would be cool to share this .

Last edited by atvwarrior; 01-23-2012 at 10:05 AM. Reason: Adding pictures
Old 01-23-2012, 10:16 AM

Adding some more pictures sorry about the double post .
Paper money my mom gave me a 2 dollar bill every year for my birthday .

1923 Blanket note

Some graded 2 dollar bills

Some other silver coins .

And more silver coins .

Graded coins .

Half dollars I have so many of these .

All 90 percent silver

November 20 th 1862 100 confederate dollars

1867 10 dollar confederater bill .

Well just thought I would share some of my collection .

Old 01-23-2012, 11:09 AM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

I'm not real big into coins but my dad has a huge collection. He's got a whole gun safe full of old coins. He is still in the process of taking inventory (hes a cpa) so he's making a gaint spreadsheet of what he has. His favorite thing is having every yer and mint of coins. One year for christmas he bought like 50 $2 bills all with consecutive serial numbers and gave everyone in our family two of them. From being a cashier the past few years ive seen some people pay with rare coins and bills, i think i have about 5 $2 bills, a bunch of 50 cent pieces and even a silver dollar... Dont know what people are thinking sometimes

Old 01-23-2012, 11:53 AM

I think most people are just unaware that there pocket change could possibly contain a penny thats worth 100 dollars or more even . Heck a pre 64 quarter is worth almost 10 bucks just for it's silver content , not to mention if it's a key date .

Old 01-23-2012, 12:47 PM
neo71665 will become famous soon enoughneo71665 will become famous soon enough

I have a collection of coins but its been years since I layed it out and looked at it. My aunts used to give us $2 all the time so I do have some of those.

Nowdays I just pick out silver coins (if I find them in my pocket) and any penny 1980 or older. I do pick out the wheatbacks or older ones but the copper ones just go in water bottles. I have 2 5 gallon water bottles full of copper and working on a 3rd.

Old 01-23-2012, 01:56 PM

Nice I beleive its 82 when the copper content changed , I didn't take any pictures of me pennies but I have all kinds and lots of them flying eagle , indian head , lincoln wheat backs , a bunch of 1943 war steel pennies . A couple rolls of war time silver nickles and even three cent nickles both kinds , I just bought them actully . Yea the copper in pennies is the same from 1959 to 1982 3.11 grams ; composition . 950 copper .

Old 01-24-2012, 10:26 AM
neo71665 will become famous soon enoughneo71665 will become famous soon enough

Mid year in 82, some are copper some are zinc core. I just keep 80 back cause its a nice round number and my birth year so easy to remember.

I have a bunch of steel pennys. Those and normal wheat backs aint worth much more than the money value or scrap price.

Old 01-24-2012, 11:09 AM

According to my newest coin price magazine a 1926s is worth $9 in g4 and 110,000 ms65 And a wheatback is worth in ( g4 condition ) any where from 15 cents to $90 dollars was the highest I've seen in g4 . And you are right most pennies made in 82 have predominantly zinc composition .

Old 01-24-2012, 04:28 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Nice collection

MY parents have a small collection also
I have a 2 dollar bill in my wallet as we speak I think its good luck

even tho i had bad luck this pass months but eh who knows right?

Old 01-24-2012, 06:27 PM

The last time I had my collection apraised was about 2 years ago and it was worth 6000 to 10,000 dollars . And I have been adding things every now and then , and the price of gold and silver has been good to me . I have thought about selling it but there are some coins that are worth more than money to me .

Quick Reply: Any coin collecters here .