Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Any gun nuts here?

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2010, 11:09 PM
ImScrewed92 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Any gun nuts here?

Been thinking about a gun thread for a while. Post up pictures of what you shoot. Anything gun related. Pistols, rifles, shotguns, whatever. How you got into it, whatever. Post pics of your targets and shot grouping. What ammo brands and grains you like using. Anything gun related. Only thing I ask is keep posting mature. No pictures of you holding your gun sideways like a gangsta or anything like that. Keep it grown up and as it should be guys and gals.

I'm fairly new to recreational shooting. Was never really into guns cause single shot rifles seemed boring when I was young, lol. Then my buddy bought a fully auto AK-47 so he could practice shooting while on leave from the military. Went shooting with him at the range and my opinion did a 180.

Just starting out. Bought a basicly new hi point 40 cal. model JCP pistol. Got it for $115 in the original box, only had maybe 50 rounds through it. A friend bought it new and then got a great deal on a 357 magnum and sold this one for cheap to stock up on 357 ammo, lol. Not the best looking or lightest, havent had alot of time to shoot it, but shoots great and after 600+ shots never had a jam, fail to fire or any other problem. Looking at getting a 12 gauge pump before long and would love to get a pre ban fully auto AK like my buddy had, only in the mini pistol form.

couple pics

Old 10-24-2010, 11:17 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

I havent been as of lately... but back in the days of living outside Fort Wayne, me and my uncles would go down outside my grandparents and shoot... Nothing like popping a few off.... My uncle had this pistol ( i was maybe like 8 at the time so it escapes me the name) and he let me shoot it while assisting me, and we took a two by four in half... lol... Awesome gun.... Makes me wanna go get one asap.... but like all my projects I only got so much $$$$

Old 10-25-2010, 12:07 AM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

I don't have a good group pic so I just snapped these quick

Springfield Armory XDM 9mm
Glock 33 .357SIG
Ruger LCP .380ACP

I also had an awesome Beretta 92FS that I traded for a Mossberg 590

I'll try and get some nicer pics along with my Mossberg within the next few days.

Old 10-25-2010, 12:36 AM
m3ch is on a distinguished road

Well i font have any pics right now but i have a

hipoint 9mm carbine (model 995) i shoot 145 grain flatpoint FMJs out of it

Mossberg 100ATR .270 free floating barrel

and a New England fire arms 410 shotgun

Old 10-25-2010, 12:44 AM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

I've got a few firearms. Got started from a very young age with my dad and mom teaching me and my brothers to shoot and taking us hunting. It also helped that my grandpa worked at a sporting goods store in the firearms section. My dad also taught Hunter's Safety through the 4H.

Just going off the top of my head, I've got:

Rem 700 .270
Win Mod 70 (pre-64) .270
Interarms .30-06
.30-40 Krag
Win Mod 94 .32 Win Spec
3 different .22 rifles
Knight inline .50 cal muzzy
CVA percussion .50 cal muzzy
Rem 870 12ga
Franchi Brescia 12ga semi
Stevens side by side 12ga
Two other old side by side 12ga
Western (read as Mossberg) 20ga pump
Springfield Armory 1911A1 .45 ACP Mil-Spec
Beretta .32 ACP
Browning Buckmark .22 pistol

I think that's most of them. Kind of a PITA to clean and oil them twice a year. I actually use most of them for hunting (rifles and shotguns). I kind of rotate them around. A few are family heirlooms that I'll never shoot and pass them down when the time comes. I took pictures of all of them, along with listing the model and serial numbers a few years back for insurance purposes but have no idea where that info is now. Guess I need to do it again.

At least I have a picture of my .45. Got it as a coming home present to myself when I got back from Iraq a few years ago.

Attached Thumbnails Any gun nuts here?-1911a1.jpg  
Old 10-25-2010, 06:42 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

No hand guns. I only have my two shotguns. My deer gun is a Remington 870 12-ga w/ riffled barrel & composite stock. My bird gun is a Mosberg 20-ga bolt action w/ adjustable choke.

Old 10-25-2010, 11:06 PM
Thor_449 is an unknown quantity at this point

My Dad stopped counting at 85 in 85 and I lost count in the early 90's cause we pulled them all out and cleaned them. We have almost every rifle you can think of. A few that I hold true are my WWII M-1 grand opened up to a 35 wealend. A 9mm carbine (we won it as a door prize), a 10 gauge side by side trap shooter, a 500 jeffery with no muzzle break (almost seperated my shoulder the first time I shot it) and a 22-250 that can shoot a fly at a 100 yards (we've sniped turkey with it) Not much on the handgun side of things though I do love our colt 45, WWII lugar, and a U.S. army issue colt 45 from I think the korean era. (sorry no pics, I'm in Michigan and the toys are in Indiana)

Old 10-26-2010, 09:58 AM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

Always loved the M1 Garand!

Old 10-26-2010, 10:43 AM
Starting Member
shabutie911 is on a distinguished road

i have an arsenal to feed the canadian army:

DPMS 5.56 flat top a-4 eotech foregrip
Taurus judge public defender 4.10/.45 lc
Taurus PT 145 .45 acp compact
mosin nagant m44 7.62x54r
New england firearms pardner pump 12gauge
Rcokriver lower/oly arms upper 2.23 m16 syle ar
pink ruger p22.22lr (wife)
8.8 1934 bazooka (out of commision)

and my pride and joy

KRISS super v vector .45 acp

Old 10-26-2010, 12:23 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Christ... lemme list'em off

Remington Pump-action 30-06 with flip down scope
Remington Semi-auto 30-06 with scope
303 British (same as a Lienfield), WWII gun the Canadians used.
Savage .410ga/.22 over-under shotgun/rifle (Break action)
Bolt action .410 (Some italian company, it's almost 45 years old, my dad bought it when he was 12)
C-I-L pump 12ga
Mossberg semi-auto 12ga
Piper-Arms Double barrel 12ga
.22cal rifle that comes apart and fits into a backpack
Bolt action .22cal

Ruger .44 magnum Blackhawk 6-shooter
Hi-standard semi-auto .22LR
Reck .22LR revolver
Some sort of compact .22LR revolver that has capacity for 12 rounds
Flint-lock muzzle loader

I'm just going off memory here lol. but that should cover them all. My grandfather passed last year and we inherited all of his guns. He used to be a championship target-shooter, he's use the .44 in the open class sometimes. Definitely my favourite gun of our "collection"

Quick Reply: Any gun nuts here?