Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Anyone bank with BOA?

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2013, 04:40 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about
Default Anyone bank with BOA?

Just wondering if anyone else banks with Bank of America. If you haven't recd your letter of their new $12 a month service fee on personal checking accounts make sure you watch your account cause unless you have $1500 or direct deposit they will be taking $12 a month starting in October!! I'll be going in tomorrow to close all of my accounts with them. My letter said my "fee free trial period is over" and that's why they will be charging. I've had my checking account with them for 12 F-ing yrs!! That's a hell of a trial period if you ask me! After some research I'm not the only one who got the same letter. Guess its time to switch my primary accounts over to my Navy Federal accounts.

Just wanted to put this out there incase anyone wasn't aware.

Old 09-23-2013, 04:59 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

I use them But never got this letter yet. I will ask them about this tho. Thanks rex.

Old 09-23-2013, 05:06 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

Yeah for sure! No point in paying them for a service you can get for free from many other banks.

Old 09-23-2013, 05:07 PM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

yea 12s kinda steep. i think wells fargo is like 6 a month. I know some of the credit unions is free,but you have to leave like 30-150 and you cant touch it until you close the account. but at least its not a monthly fee. i guess that make money off the money u leave in there. ive never dealt with the unions. Most banks arent free anymore. i dont have a bank right now because of it. I found a bank locally thats free,but they only have like 2 branches local,and 3 atms. they do that "we will refund the atm fees" thing. you get charged from another bank to use the atm,then they recredit you the next day. meh. il pass.

i wish wachovia was still around. they were the best. Never has any bs problems with them,had someone get ahold of my account and spent 174 bucks in calling cards. in 5 min on the phone they locked it,mailed me a new card and credited me the money. no months upon end crap.

Last edited by chris015; 09-23-2013 at 05:13 PM.
Old 09-23-2013, 05:16 PM
Super Moderator

Yeah I have two credit unions Navy Federal and Northwest Federal both have no restrictions on checking requirements then the Bank of America. I have always used the CUs for loans cause they have better rates and BOA for convience cause they have branches and atms everywhere. Both my CUs have mobile check deposit and the locations are a little farther away but for $12 a month I'll drive an extra 2 miles a week

Old 09-23-2013, 05:37 PM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

12x12=144

thats 144 on beer,girls,fishing,mcdonalds,and fuel pumps for when you blazer dies LOL..

ish adds up

Old 09-23-2013, 05:39 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

TCF, if they are in your area, free checking, WIN!

Old 09-23-2013, 06:36 PM
Super Moderator

What's TCF?

Old 09-23-2013, 06:49 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

It must be a midwest thing, its a great bank. Searched, none in your state, or surrounding.

Old 09-23-2013, 07:01 PM
Starting Member
JavierEscalonJr is on a distinguished road

that sucks up here in ohio i bank with security national and is truly and really free but its only local

Quick Reply: Anyone bank with BOA?