Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Anyone else get like this?

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2011, 01:33 PM
Little Roober is on a distinguished road
Default Anyone else get like this?

I work for a landscaping company so as you can guess, money gets a little tight around this time of year. All summer I put in an average of 15 hours of work into my truck a week and now I'm not working (full time anyway), but I can't afford to do any more mods. I still work whenever it snows or we have to put salt down, but not having anything to do in the garage when I'm home is making me a little depressed. Anyone else get bummed when you can't work on the truck? I hope it's not just me.

Old 12-04-2011, 02:24 PM
schollianmj is on a distinguished road

Yup. Between the Jimmy, 86 mustang and 02 mustang wrenching is therapy. I found that when I can't wrench I can still wash, Polish, and wax them. Its cheaper. Then I found designer waxes online, and there went 75 bucks... oh well, like I said, its therapy. It doesn't have to make sense.

Old 12-04-2011, 03:01 PM
gojorg has a spectacular aura aboutgojorg has a spectacular aura about

I know that feeling, that's why I hate living in an apartment

Old 12-04-2011, 03:30 PM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

Originally Posted by gojorg
I know that feeling, that's why I hate living in an apartment
+1

I'm in the same boat. If they see you working on your truck in the parking lot, you get yelled at. So I know this feeling all too well.

Old 12-04-2011, 04:44 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

yea i hate that feeling

Old 12-04-2011, 04:47 PM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

Ive got plenty to do,just not $$$. My step dads blazers heater core grenaded coolant all in his floor today after i got the steering column in..

I love doing mods etc...but if it constantly breaks it starts pissing me off.

Old 12-04-2011, 04:48 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by chris015
Ive got plenty to do,just not $$$. My step dads blazers heater core grenaded coolant all in his floor today after i got the steering column in..

I love doing mods etc...but if it constantly breaks it starts pissing me off.

yep

Old 12-04-2011, 05:14 PM
Little Roober is on a distinguished road

I wouldn't even mind if something broke (like my transmission right now..) as long as I had the money. Cause god knows I have all the time in the world right now. At least I'm not alone. I think anyone that drives a blazer, jimmy, etc should get a tax break...cause they break so often. On a side note...anyone wanna donate a functioning 4l60e?

Old 12-04-2011, 05:42 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

i get this way to, i have no garage so i have to lug any work to parents pole barn...its not far but its the idea.
i usually stock parts in summer if i can or down size mods to keep busy.
i love winter...just not having anywhere to work.

Old 12-04-2011, 07:42 PM
Beginning Member
alloy is on a distinguished road

I was so bored this weekend I went to the wrecking yard to see if I could find parts to upgrade or modify my ZR2, or do the efan mod. Maybe even the cherokee steering shaft mod. Found the fans, but someone took one of the fan blades off the intrepid fan setup. But intrepids are plentiful in the yards here, so I'll find one eventually.

After ball joints/idler arm, water pump, window motor, rear brakes, hinge pins, rear carpet replacement, tail gate repairs, making a spare tire drop plate, repairing the ABS, thermostat, and numerous small repairs I feel kinda lost not having anything left to fix on it.

I did find one of those nice wrap around bug shields today for $11 with tax. Need to find some short sheet metal screws with large heads to mount it with.

I live in an apartment also, but I rent a small shop and an work on my vehicles there. I'd go bonkers if I didn't have a place to work on stuff.

Quick Reply: Anyone else get like this?