Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Anyone here a hardcore fisherman?

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2013, 01:52 PM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about
Default Anyone here a hardcore fisherman?

All i do is work,eat,fish. I fish mainly for monster catfish,and drive 5 hours to the beach and sleep/live/fish on a beach for 2-3 days (no hotel) then drive home.What kind do you do?

Old 05-08-2013, 10:49 PM
gitch93 is on a distinguished road

im 28 and live to fish i live in ontario canada and we fish out of the great lakes alll the time with out 19 foot v hull fiberboam boat with a 3.0 inboard chevy 4 cyl and merc outdrive. we fish for king chanook salmon and cohos and alot of trout. we also hit up pike and alot of muskie. we just purchased a set of 3 down riggers and a few more rods for trolling and deep water.

Old 05-08-2013, 11:03 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Chris, You are not a hardcore fisherman, You gotta catch fish to call yourself that. You sir... are a hobbyist. LOL JK bro!

Old 05-09-2013, 04:57 AM
247monster will become famous soon enough

every summer me and my brothers take a week trip to the boundary waters and slay the northers like no other lol

otherwise whenever i get an open night me and my buddys go out to our spot on the st.louis river and do some catfishing lol

Old 05-09-2013, 01:15 PM
BF Veteran
abig84 will become famous soon enoughabig84 will become famous soon enough

im a carp catfish person myself. ive never cared for bass fishing, everytime anyone takes me bass fishing the biggest i see is 2lbs. kinda boring after catching 20-30 lbs carp.

theres actually a lake about 100ft from my work sometimes ill go over there fishing on lunch time. mostly just carp and bullhead.

Old 05-09-2013, 01:40 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by abig84
im a carp catfish person myself. ive never cared for bass fishing, everytime anyone takes me bass fishing the biggest i see is 2lbs. kinda boring after catching 20-30 lbs carp.

theres actually a lake about 100ft from my work sometimes ill go over there fishing on lunch time. mostly just carp and bullhead.
cat fish is where its at. 50 pounders.. win.

Old 05-09-2013, 03:11 PM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by richphotos
Chris, You are not a hardcore fisherman, You gotta catch fish to call yourself that. You sir... are a hobbyist. LOL JK bro!
lol shut up. Either way. i like to fish
Originally Posted by abig84

I actually did alot of carp fishing last summer at a local paylake. Did pretty good. Biggest was 17lb. Mostly 10lbers. cant wait to hook up a 35er

Old 05-10-2013, 02:02 PM
BF Veteran
DKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the rough

Mostly from the surf for strippers or blues a few times over the summer. I would love to go more but with work and the family I just never have enough time. I too will on occaision swing by the local lake and throw a hook in for either some blue gills, pickeral or small mouth on my lunch hour.

Old 05-10-2013, 02:14 PM
4X4GS10B is on a distinguished road

yeah me and my boys every chance we get if I ain't got something else to do like work on the blazer,house,and the honey do list...lol

Old 05-10-2013, 07:19 PM
ohsofly will become famous soon enoughohsofly will become famous soon enough

My biggest king salmon was 65#
My biggest northern pike was about 105cm @ 20# or so
My biggest Burbot was about 7#
my best crab haul was 20 red rocks, and 16 of the orange ones in a day.

I mostly catch and release, but if they are mortally wounded I eat em. My buddy and I have this walleye honey hole we go to and nail walleyes all day long. We usually eat a shore fish fry for lunch, drink a bunch of beers and take a few for the freezer.

My favorite combo is my medium-fast action, 6ft Shimano Crucial 1pc graphite rod, with a Quantum Incyte reel with 10# spiderwire.

We make our own lures.

I dont use bait, only lures

Quick Reply: Anyone here a hardcore fisherman?