Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Anyone know anything about Saabs?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2011, 08:04 PM
cochran07 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anyone know anything about Saabs?

Well my Jimmys getting parked for awhile until I can afford to fix it cause I've got a perfectly good running 91 or 92 Saab 9000 non turbo given to me. So Ill be driving this for awhile starting next weekend. I know from what I've read some people hate the Saabs and some love em. Well I guess Ill find out. I'm sure Ill love the mpg of a 4 cylinder versus the 4.3. Ill see if I can get some pics of it up when I get it down here to me.

Old 01-28-2011, 08:54 PM
BF Veteran
abig84 will become famous soon enoughabig84 will become famous soon enough

eh, its just like anything else. if it runs drive it. my brother was a saab and volvo guy for some reason, parts will probably cost more.

my brothers saab

Old 01-28-2011, 08:59 PM
s14sh3r is on a distinguished road

I think the people who hate Saabs do it because Saab has a bland reputation. That's the best way I can describe it. Everyone I've ever known who owned a Saab really liked them, so which one is right? Give us a review!

Old 01-28-2011, 09:29 PM

I will. Ill only drive the car for a few months but Ill let you know how it is. The interior in the thing is way ahead of its time. I've seen the car before (it actually used to be my old bosses) and the radiator blew. My b uddie bought it and fixed it but has no use for it so...

Old 01-28-2011, 10:14 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

Saabs got their bad rep in the '80s for being the official "yuppiemobile". Never drove one myself but I remember how fugly they were back in the day. They definitely stood out in a crowd and, I believe, that was part of the draw for the yuppies.

Old 01-28-2011, 10:29 PM

Well this thing sure as hell ain't attractive but my Jimmys barely hanging on because of a fuel delivery issue and I don't have the 300 bucks for a new spider assym and then a full tune up because my plugs have got to be shot and its got cheap autolite wires on it so I need to get it back to Delco stuff. So the Saab will be temporary then I'm going to sell it and give him the profits

Old 01-28-2011, 11:13 PM
BF Veteran
DKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by cochran07
Well this thing sure as hell ain't attractive but my Jimmys barely hanging on because of a fuel delivery issue and I don't have the 300 bucks for a new spider assym and then a full tune up because my plugs have got to be shot and its got cheap autolite wires on it so I need to get it back to Delco stuff. So the Saab will be temporary then I'm going to sell it and give him the profits
Did you check into a remaufactured spider?

Old 01-28-2011, 11:32 PM

Either way as messed up as my financials are due to lots of changes in my life in the past month so regardless I can't afford to fix it. This will give me time to buy everything and do it right rather than buy one peice at a time (spider, then plugs, ect ect).

Old 01-29-2011, 12:24 AM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

Saabs got a bad wrap on two accounts: they are ugly, and they are ugly as sin.

other than that, abig84 said it best, "if it runs, drive it"

Old 01-29-2011, 12:55 AM

Yeah this thing definatly ain't purty by any account.. but its a temporary fix until the Jimmys fixed up.

Quick Reply: Anyone know anything about Saabs?