Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   The Lounge (https://blazerforum.com/forum/lounge-5/)
-   -   Anyone know anything about Saabs? (https://blazerforum.com/forum/lounge-5/anyone-know-anything-about-saabs-54745/)

UberFail 01-29-2011 03:22 AM

hell the new saab's are still fukin ugly by my accounts! landlord owned a 00 93saab and that thing seriously looked like an extended gremlin with a bit more rounded ass to it :/ gawd that thing was ugly! also i think they get bad rep cuz of sheer cost, initial and maintenance wise! but here's a lil fact about Saab: GM bought their engine design for anything with an ecotec engine in it! so they must have done something right there. (cavalier/sunfire/grand am/alero/Malibu/caddilac BLS/solstice/HHR SS/Cobalt SS/Regal CXL Turbo n GS/G5/Pursuit/Ion/Vue/G6/Sky/Aura/Verano/Terrain/Equinox)

cochran07 01-29-2011 06:28 AM

Well IMO the 9000 series of the early 90s is the best looking cars they've built. Its still ugly but slightly sporty. The nice thing is the interior in those things were 5-10 years ahead of their time. The car was actually sitting on the used car lot I used to work for with a cracked radiator so I know the car already. My best friend bought it and fixed it now has no use for it (he was flipping it) so he's giving it to me now.

abig84 01-29-2011 09:41 AM

the yuppie comment is funny cause my brother and his gf at the time were hippies of sorts. and her stepfather actually worked at the local saab dealership so they both drove saabs . his was a turbo stick and that thing was pretty quick

Benedict1337 01-29-2011 10:26 AM

my friend and his brothers all drive saabs and love them, lol and then my other buddy who likes bmw's say they are glorified gm sedans, I've never really heard anything bad about saabs other than people who start modding them run into problems, but hey its a free car, I'd drive anything that was given to me for free

cochran07 01-29-2011 04:08 PM

Yup its free until I sell it then I just give him the profits. This will give me time to get all the little stuff that's bugging me on my truck fixed to. Gotta replace the A/C compressor yet again cause the one I put on last summer is bad. Made it thru the summer but still. Then the famous dash and floor only getting heat/air that's the biggest annoyance to me. Radio has some really crappy reception so I can get that working right and maybe get my indash touch screen navi :) just depends on money flow the next few months. Then as soon as the Jimmy is finished being fixed up a little then the Saab goes up for sell and the Jimmys back to the ole daily.

old skool luvr 01-29-2011 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by AJBert (Post 403345)
Saabs got their bad rep in the '80s for being the official "yuppiemobile". Never drove one myself but I remember how fugly they were back in the day. They definitely stood out in a crowd and, I believe, that was part of the draw for the yuppies.

X2!

Originally Posted by cochran07 (Post 403402)
Yeah this thing definatly ain't purty by any account.. but its a temporary fix until the Jimmys fixed up.

yeah, sure. just don't get attached to it! :icon_razz:

like it's been said, other than their styling, there really isn't anything bad to say about a Saab.

cochran07 01-29-2011 06:40 PM

Hell I might due to the interior in this thing. Seriously Ill get some pics of it next weekend on here and if you've never seen the inside of one you'll understand. Their very nice inside.

Benedict1337 01-30-2011 01:01 AM

saabs are very nice to sit in