Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Anyone mess with remote control cars/trucks?

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2011, 02:06 PM
FsTFwRd is on a distinguished road
Default Anyone mess with remote control cars/trucks?

It's a little hobby of mine and was wondering if anyone else was into it.
Since I've been out of work and going to school I've rebuilt a few gas powered ones. Here is my personal one, needs a new engine. Its a losi XXX nt1

Last edited by FsTFwRd; 09-21-2011 at 11:49 PM. Reason: To remove picture, wasn't showing up
Old 09-21-2011, 04:21 PM
97cherryblazer will become famous soon enough97cherryblazer will become famous soon enough

I have a few of them myself. but now that i have been in college and working i havent been into it as much. but i have a Traxxas T-Maxx 3.3, Traxxas E-maxx powered by brushless Novak HV Pro 5.5 and dual Reedy 7.4 volt 5000 MAh LiPo's (thing hauls!) i have a Traxxas Jato 3.3 (thing also hauls A$$) and last but not least a Losi XXX-T. R/C's are lots of fun to play with but can get spendy lol, specially when you loose radio signal and its goin 60+ mph. but thats why i have fail safes in all mine :P

Old 09-21-2011, 04:52 PM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

Well I'm jelous. Wish I had the money for a good one.

Old 09-21-2011, 05:03 PM
Dweeberman is on a distinguished road

I love my RC trucks! They are all outdated but i have the original TA B1 (Team associated Buggy)..with the old gold chassis. Heavy as hell but its my little brute. I have a few cheap ones, duratrax evader, traxxas rustler. I also have a TA T3 that is modded quite a bit but i stripped all my gears so it goes as fast as you can push it! then my only gas powered one is an XTM Mammoth truggy 4x4...it was the very first truggy they had that goes 52mph out the box for a 12-14lb truck but i melted the inside of my wheel wells when i was racing it and they tires to match the truck are very difficult to find. All mine are heavily modded but all have major parts broken and i just have other priorities right now to spend my money on. I do plan on selling all of mine and buying a rock crawler from axial...cant wait!!!!

Old 09-21-2011, 05:42 PM
Starting Member
wheelhead4x4 is on a distinguished road

Man the $$$ I have spend on that stuff. I did a few races back a few years ago. An spent 5k in about 4 month span.

Old 09-21-2011, 06:22 PM
TheRandom1 has a spectacular aura aboutTheRandom1 has a spectacular aura about

I've owned a few, mostly stadium trucks. Then the last one I got, I traded for. I bought a monster truck (no clue which one, but it was 2WD) then went brushless with it and traded it to a guy for a car. Ended up getting bored with the car and traded it for a gas buggy. Ofna Ulta something or other, I think it was. Started to go brushless with it, even had a motor custom made... and lost interest.

The motor is sitting here in a drawer next to me (anybody need one) and the buggy is downstairs in a box collecting dust. I think the only thing I need now to make it run is just an ESC too.

Old 09-21-2011, 09:45 PM
Starting Member
Magmotor is on a distinguished road

I built an RC Bomb Detecting Robot....lol......took a large 4 wheel drive rc and striped it down to the chassy...built a 5 actuator arm, the OWI-535, put a remote cam on it, (underneath the helmet) which can be viewed with any lap top and went looking for bombs...hehehe....lots of fun.... I know what you mean about the money tho..scheechss....

Attached Thumbnails Anyone mess with remote control cars/trucks?-dsc_0007.jpg   Anyone mess with remote control cars/trucks?-mite-1.jpg  
Old 09-22-2011, 12:10 AM
FsTFwRd is on a distinguished road

Awesome bomb finder man!! I bet you could even pick up girls with that thing haha.
It is a pricey hobby no doubt, about three years ago after it sat for a few months I neglected to change the battery's in the car. It got to far out and wouldn't steer or reduce throttle. It ended up wedged in a corner of the house next door. Had to replace a piece of his vinyl siding, the whole front end of the car was destroyed.. Aluminum frame/plate bent, and one A arm and shock on the rear. Total price was around $185 for parts..

The one I have won't do but maybe 30mph, but I have my eye on a new electric one thats supposed to go around 60.. If I can figure out how to post pictures the right way I'll show some of the old one and the new one when I get it.

You guys seem to know alot about what the good ones are, any advice for a new one? I know how to fix em real good but dont know a lot about whats what..

Old 09-22-2011, 02:06 AM
97cherryblazer will become famous soon enough97cherryblazer will become famous soon enough

car action magazine is where i got all my info from, its been almost a year sense i read one of those so i dont know what the latest and greatest is. but if you are good at fixing them i would get a kit car and put it all together yourself. not only are they cheaper but if something breaks you know exactly how it comes apart and goes back together. As far as a brand, anything from Traxxas is good, lol i like to think of them as the Chevy of R/C cars

Old 09-22-2011, 07:15 AM
litterbug will become famous soon enough

rc car action is where my love first started. the very first actual car i had was an old tamiya grasshopper from the 70s. crazy little thing but then i upgraded to a t-maxx 2.5 at the time. but after the old engine got worn out i upgraded to the 3.3. havent used it in a while though. its sitting above my tv on some speakers. the clutch bell housing has its teeth all stripped off after i put a steel spur gear in there.

i also have a mini-t. and a night ranger helicopter that i cant fly worth ****. crash it every time and every time its at least 100 bucks to fix so it just sits up on my shelf.

oh and one last thing is my dads old rc boat. he built it himself but never got it to run. its nitro and everything and he built it when he was my age. crazy.

Quick Reply: Anyone mess with remote control cars/trucks?