Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Anyone spent some time in prison?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2013, 01:56 AM
ohsofly will become famous soon enoughohsofly will become famous soon enough
Default Anyone spent some time in prison?

Ill share mine. I didnt do anything wrong, just a victim of stupid people and grey-areas of the law.

I spent my first 60ish hours in prison 2 weeks ago. Its not a cool place. The food sucks, the company is a bunch of @ssholes, and everything you do is governed... I had never worns handcuffs before then. I was proud of that fact.

I have terrible custody issues, and my lastest order where I asked for police enforcement to enforce parenting time so I couldnt be told no anymore, allowed a certain party to convince the police that the words "text messages only in regards to parenting time" were violated when I asked via text for photocopies of our childrens healthcare cards at our next child exchange. I was taken into arrest as the order says "to be brought before a justice of queens bench to answer as to why they should not be found in civil contempt". The order applied to us both even though I asked for it.

Well, when they nab you saturday at 10am, you dont get to answer to a justice of queens bench until monday. Luckily I got a whole bunch friday night, cause I wasnt getting any for the rest of the weekend.

The judge said that the wording allows for a grey-area that can be taken advantage of. She said the police were wrong in grabbing me over that, and for me to be relased immediately and a transcript of the days judgement be added to my family court file for future justices to see the animosity and jealousy in my situation.

So the same game cant be played to have me arrested again in the future. I was not being charged with anything, just being brought before a judge. The game was won, and I guess I lost, I didnt get the kids that weekend so they could attend a family reunion on their other side... Why not just ask me via a text if I could switch weekends. As far as Im concerned "parenting time" is anything in regards to the time we spend parenting our kids. The cops were stupid for seeing it as anything other than that. The judge also agreed that parenting time was exactly as I had thought it was. You know, since I was there when the judge made the order...

So I get searched, put in a holding cell when nabbed and allowed to use my cell to make a few calls before its turned off and put with my things, then hand cuffed and taken downtown to headquarters where I am put into a holding cell with a drunk guy and given my first bag lunch. A bag lunch is always the same. It is 3 half sandwiches made of whole wheat, no toppings, and a slice of gross ham or chicken? 2 oranges, in a bag. They added 3 tweaked methheads a few minutes later. I sat there for about 3 hours until they took me and the drunk guy in a car to the edmonton jail. Here I was made to strip, get searched thouroly (lift the boys, bend over and cough, ears, mouth) and made to shower. They spray this stinky blue liquid soap on you when you are naked so you have to shower even though I was perfectly clean. You then get given new - well recycled - clothes, undies, socks, clogs, and orange jumpsuit. Then you get shuffled off to your cell block and cuffs removed. I stayed in here 2 nights. I avoided others and read books. On cell block you get better meals, they are warm at least. You get an instant coffee, a packet of sugar, and some gross meat with rice or spuds. A glass of watered down skim milk and juice at breakfast. I cant beleive Im in jail, Im a model citizen and never been in trouble before. Monday morning I was woken at 5am to sit in holding with 15 other guys until 9am on the concrete bench where I got a bag lunch for breakfast. Then we get arm and leg shackled and loaded into an F550 with small cells on the back and driven to the courthouse. Here we sit in holding where we get a bag lunch. After a while I was taken out and there was a lawyer my dad hired in a room I got to talk to. Then I was put back into holding, then taken upstairs to solo holding. Eventually the bailiff got me, I walked in a side door of a courtroom and watched the procedings and answered for my actions. I was ordered to be released, then I was taken back though that door. Here I sat in shackles in group holding for another 3 hours where we were given a bag lunch, then loaded into the truck and taken back to jail where we waited in holding and got a second bag lunch in an hour, the other cons said not to say anything or they wouldnt get a second lunch, I gave mine away and ate two more oranges. Here I was processed once again except I didnt have to shower and put the same prison garb back on. Then I was taken back to my cell to wait. It was 5pm now and I was called and taken down to holding again where I got a bag lunch just like all the others. Just before 7pm I was taken in to get my own clothes back on, then back into holding. 730 I was finally given my things and let out into the parking lot where my dad was waiting for me to drive me back to my truck. My phone practically blew up when I turned it on. It was spitting out texts and voicemails for like ten minutes straight. I got to depart waaaaay late for my work runs and got crapped on for being late by the deliveries on my routes all week. Plus I get to be teased by coworkers until all the jokes get used up now.

I guess the jails and my thoughts on "released immediately" were a little different huh?

So thats my prison story. I never had any trouble. I had a few guys sizing me up and eye ballin, but no trouble in the slammer. Im used to capicollo or pastrami or other nice meats on my sandwiches with all the fixings... Maybe steaks or ribs for dinner... Eggs and bacon for breakfasts... I will be a happy man if I never see a bag lunch or an orange again in my life. I think I have a phobia of brown bags now.

Last edited by ohsofly; 10-28-2013 at 03:20 AM.
Old 10-28-2013, 04:49 AM
rexazz2 will become famous soon enough

I suspect you visited a jail not a penitentiary not that either would be that fun IMO
Unfortunately a big waste of time caused by an ex that has to much spare time and probably free legal advice to help aggravate you
Just don't lose your cool , if you do she wins

Old 10-28-2013, 05:46 AM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

A&B with a dang. Weapon. One year, bar fight 25 yrs ago

Old 10-28-2013, 07:46 AM
Beginning Member
jtorlando25 is on a distinguished road

At least your most traumatizing experience was the food! Could have been worse.

Really sorry to hear about your custody situation. I can't imagine going through something like that. I have a buddy who had a nightmare of a time in a custody battle with his ex and it was rough. Good luck with everything moving forward.

Old 10-28-2013, 09:43 AM
ckroll98 is on a distinguished road

Pretty much the same issues with custody with me. Arrested, spend night in jail, go before a judge, transferred to another county (where violation occurred since they picked me up at work in another county), food sucks, crapping with an audience sucks. Now I have no contact with ex except through a mediator or in police presence. B!tches be crazy! lol

Old 10-28-2013, 12:40 PM
ohsofly will become famous soon enoughohsofly will become famous soon enough

I dont really know what the diff between a jail and a penetentary is. They call the place "Edmonton Remand Center" and its where guys stay temporarily for court hearings, or you are jailed if you have less that 3 years sentence. If you have more than 3 years you get shipped out of this place and into a supermax prison of which we have a few in the province. They have a max security section in this place, but they never put me in there cause guys would kill me if they knew I was only in for a couple days.

I learned that when guys ask what you are in for, you reply "Just some bullsh1t I didnt do"

I dont have a problem crapping and showering with an audience. Im proud of what Im packing, and if you wanna have a look, then fill your boots. As for crapping, if it makes them happy to watch a man drop off the cosby kids at the pool, then go hard.

I dont have to deal with this stuff anymore. My dad was furious that it all came to this and has retained the lawyer for me. The pricetag was VERY high, but hes one of the best in town according to the cons I was jailed with and the internet reveiws. And my impression of him in the courtroom is that hes a shark and performs well and knows his stuff. None of that Ummm, Uhhh, that I see other lawyers do. This guy knows how to command a courtroom. So now I have someone to attend the BS court sessions for me so I can remain at work making money for them grubby broads to get their hands on. (I have 2 kids each with 2 different styles of whackos) I love my dad and would be lost without his help. I have the best daddy in the world. Feels good knowing I have my very own Sol Goodman to call on when the fit hits the shan.

I dont lose my cool very easily. Its all a jealousy thing. I have a new woman who is a knockout, has a career, etc... As soon as I brought my new woman to get the kids and the old one saw that I have a major upgrade, the jealousy started in... Im not the one stuck at home getting heavier with six kids and a bad attitude and crying to facebook about how crappy my life is. I did what we are supposed to do and moved on with my life. I just wish the kids werent a weapon to use against me.

Last edited by ohsofly; 10-28-2013 at 12:56 PM.
Old 10-28-2013, 01:37 PM
Vader is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by ohsofly
I dont really know what the diff between a jail and a penetentary is. They call the place "Edmonton Remand Center" and its where guys stay temporarily for court hearings, or you are jailed if you have less that 3 years sentence. If you have more than 3 years you get shipped out of this place and into a supermax prison of which we have a few in the province. They have a max security section in this place, but they never put me in there cause guys would kill me if they knew I was only in for a couple days.
The Edmonton Remand Centre (or ERC for short) is for holding people while they await court, and await transfer to a Sentenced facility. People convicted of a crime don't actually serve their sentence their. They will spend some time their post conviction while waiting for a bed at a different facilitiy. The term "jail" is actually an American term. In Canada their called Remand Centre's. Penitentiaries are all Federal Insitutions run by the Correctional Service of Canada. Remand Centre's are provincially run.

Also, in Alberta any sentence of two years less a day is Provincial, and anything two years or more is Federal. Not three. We only have one "supermax" in Alberta as you put it, and thats the Edmonton Max Institution. Bowden and Drumheller have the ability to hold Maximum Security offenders, but they are primarily a Medium Security facility.

The new ERC is by far superior to the old nasty worn out old building built in the 1970's. They do have a "supermax" unit as well as a normal "max" unit, but you would never see either if your only in their for a few days.

Old 10-28-2013, 02:03 PM
LeWhite will become famous soon enough

You proud of what you packin
but you aint proud of what its doin

TWICE!

seems the little heads rulin the big head

Old 10-28-2013, 03:08 PM
rexazz2 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Vader
The Edmonton Remand Centre (or ERC for short) is for holding people while they await court, and await transfer to a Sentenced facility. People convicted of a crime don't actually serve their sentence their. They will spend some time their post conviction while waiting for a bed at a different facilitiy. The term "jail" is actually an American term. In Canada their called Remand Centre's. Penitentiaries are all Federal Insitutions run by the Correctional Service of Canada. Remand Centre's are provincially run.

Also, in Alberta any sentence of two years less a day is Provincial, and anything two years or more is Federal. Not three. We only have one "supermax" in Alberta as you put it, and thats the Edmonton Max Institution. Bowden and Drumheller have the ability to hold Maximum Security offenders, but they are primarily a Medium Security facility.

The new ERC is by far superior to the old nasty worn out old building built in the 1970's. They do have a "supermax" unit as well as a normal "max" unit, but you would never see either if your only in their for a few days.
we have the "Milton Hilton" about a half hour away or right here in the city a Womans Prison
Not interested in being a guest at either , pretty sure most of the "women" could Ef you up LOL

Old 10-28-2013, 03:16 PM
DesertStorm is on a distinguished road

never been to prison.. but i have been to jail. got picked up on my way to work on morning because of some outstanding warrants for speeding and street racing lol. spent 1 day there and that was more than enough. i now pay all my tickets on time! lol

Quick Reply: Anyone spent some time in prison?