Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Bad ebay experience

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2010, 09:08 PM
Blazin_Jason will become famous soon enough
Default Bad ebay experience

Man I'm pretty pee oh'd right now. Ordered a set of these from member silverstonemr* on ebay. Decent feedback, read some reviews, searched the net, decent price, DOT'd, decided to order a set. Parts arrive I install the rear line, no problems. Go to the front, and as I thought the new SS lines are much longer than stock. I removed the old line and try fitting in the new lines. Too long don't fit right with harsh curves. E-mail the guy and don't hear back right away. I call and he tells me to measure the stock lines and to email him back. I do so and wait a few days and don't hear back. I call again and he says he sent the order out to the local shop. English is not his first language and I guess he doesn't even make the lines in house. Says I should be expecting a new tracking number that day or Monday. So Monday rolls around and I get a new tracking #. I await for the new lines to arrive and they showed up today. Well guess effing what, the new lines are too short. I try to install them just to see and nope they aren't gonna work. Also the outer sleeving tore as I was removing the control bracket. They were on the wrong sides AGAIN!!!! At this point I know I am not going to use these lines or anything from there ever again. So now I am waiting to hear back from him as I want a full refund. My truck has been sitting in the garage the last 2 weeks cause I can't drive it due to this issue. My old lines are wrecked so I would have had to get a replacement stocker in the meantime. So I decided to wait it out for these "proper" ones to come in. That was just a waste of time seeing as now I am going to end up getting stock ones anyways now. I knew I should have just ordered the Russell set like I have on my other blazer :@ Being as the braking system is about the most important part of a vehicle it needs to work, and work well. I have 0 confindence in these lines and will NEVER use them or recommend them to anyone.

Here is a pic of the lines. Top is the first set sent (21"), stock (15") in middle and replacements (12") on the bottom. I mean I took measurements for them, and explained in detail and then they still send them way too short!

Here is a kitteh rubbing on the sexay new rotors, powder coated calipers and hawk pads. Now I need new hoses!

Cliffs:
Got wrong brake lines sent (6" too long)
Waited a week for replacements to be sent as per my measurements
Replacements arrive now 3"s too short
Line tears as changing brackets from side to side
Truck in garage for 2 weeks as I patiently waited
/rant

Old 02-13-2010, 04:13 PM
Starting Member
degaine_designs is on a distinguished road

What's with all the bad eBay experiences going on lately? Lame!

Old 02-13-2010, 06:03 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

On the Regal forum some members had trouble with SS lines that were too long and they remedied the situation by using a progressive spring attached to the car and spring that kept the lines away from the tire during normal driving conditions but allowed some travel while turning. Would this be out of the question?

Old 02-13-2010, 06:20 PM
Banned
Spectreblazer is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by TripleBlackBlazer
On the Regal forum some members had trouble with SS lines that were too long and they remedied the situation by using a progressive spring attached to the car and spring that kept the lines away from the tire during normal driving conditions but allowed some travel while turning. Would this be out of the question?

why should he have to modify something that should be made for his vehicle? i know he appreciates the input, just saying,
not trying to step on toes, but shouldn't the seller make things right

Old 02-13-2010, 07:24 PM

I dunno Gary, I'm sure if I had to come up with something I could. I just don't have the confidence in the product to use them. It doesn't matter though, since I got a full set of replacement hoses today. Maybe if I'm motivated I will install them tomorrow.

Old 02-13-2010, 07:29 PM
Banned
Spectreblazer is on a distinguished road

well hopefully they're are the right ones this time.

Old 02-15-2010, 09:38 AM
Unlimitedsp is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Spectreblazer
why should he have to modify something that should be made for his vehicle? i know he appreciates the input, just saying,
not trying to step on toes, but shouldn't the seller make things right

Old 02-15-2010, 11:59 PM
Starting Member
sifd4x4 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by degaine_designs
What's with all the bad eBay experiences going on lately? Lame!
I hope I dont end up with another bad one. I ordered a seat back handle earlier today and it never asked me what color or what side so I messaged the seller to clarify. hopefully I wont get a box with a tan one for the passenger side.

Old 05-04-2010, 11:51 AM
Starting Member
SilverStone is on a distinguished road
Default We got scammed by EBAY and silverstonemr* as well!

A group of us are working hard to expose EBAY stores just like this one - hopefully, they will either go legit or get shut down permanently.

Our experience is that this guy is VERY hard to deal with! The rotors he sent were not Cadmium Plated even though we repeatedly requested them, we even put it in BOTH PAYPAL notes to (“WINDS MODIFICATION & RACING INC.”). On top of that, he sent two same side front rotors.

After a couple weeks of evasive communication from this guy, we opened a dispute with EBAY. EBAY did decide in our favor but we have to send the rotors back on our cost. We think this may also be part of his scam because we only paid $32.95 to have them shipped to us but using UPS to return them will cost us around $100! - and we end up with nothing!

We think he has also had EBAY stores named ACU Auto (http://myworld.ebay.com/acuauto/) and Autobahn Performance Development (http://myworld.ebay.ca/autobahnpd/) that have been closed for some reason.

Your invoice will be from "Wind`s Modification & Racing" and they have an "F" rating on the Better Business Bureau site.
Google Earth Street View reveals that the company (address from BBB for "Wind`s Modification & Racing" and on shipping label we received) that sent our "junk" is actually named "ACU Auto" in Scarborough, ON but BBB shows ACU Auto at a different address in Markham, ON - a neighboring city. We think they've also went by "Flex Auto Parts" but it appears all those listings have been pulled from Craigslist. You may find some on http://toronto.kijiji.ca/ though.
A couple Google searches will verify most of this, some may take a bit more digging. Bottom line though - it's up to you to buy from silverstonemr* or not - we never will again.

We really have no idea where he is getting the positive feedback from but it sure indicates to us that the EBAY feedback system is severely flawed!

We suggest not leaving feedback until after you've used an item for awhile. Keep in mind too - EBAY Sellers can no longer leave NEGATIVE feedback for buyers under no circumstances!

We hope this helps somebody avoid this headache!

Old 05-04-2010, 11:53 PM

Since it got bumped I might as well add a little. After receiving the set of second lines being the wrong size I requested a full refund. However instead of refunding me they went ahead and sent me another (third) set of lines. They were shipped out a few days after I requested a refund and never heard back. The lines showed up and they looked to be about the right size. I didn't bother to take them out of the package completely since I had already bought and installed new replacement rubber lines. So I paid for 1 set of lines, received 3 sets, and installed and used 0 sets.

Quick Reply: Bad ebay experience