Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

bad gas sold at bp around chicagoland

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2012, 08:35 PM
BF Veteran
abig84 will become famous soon enoughabig84 will become famous soon enough
Default bad gas sold at bp around chicagoland

BP recalls unleaded gas sold in Chicago area - chicagotribune.com

"BP is alerting northwestern Indiana fuel distributors that it's recalling unleaded regular gasoline shipped from its Whiting fuel storage terminal Aug. 13-17.

The company said Monday it believes that fuel stored in a tank at the storage depot could cause hard starting, stalling and other drivability issues. BP asks any customer whose vehicle has experienced those problems since Aug. 13 to contact its customer hotline at 800-333-3991.
BP says the fuel may have been purchased by motorists at BP and other retail outlets in the region.

BP says it's going through shipping records and contacting customers who may have loaded tanker trucks at the terminal during the affected period.
The Times of Northwest Indiana reports that the company says it has received complaints about fuel sold at BP, Luke Oil and Thornton's stations in the Chicago area in the last seven days."

ha. i filled my truck up at thorntons last thursday. and my junk is still running fine. old trucks will burn anything though . we already had two cars come into work today that are having starting and idling issues

Old 08-20-2012, 10:58 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

GF hates bad gas, well any sort of gas, especially in bed. "Grounds for divorce" she says.
Good thing she's the GF & not a wife.

In all seriousness, WTG on allerting people though & providing a link & #.

Old 08-21-2012, 07:37 PM
BF Veteran
abig84 will become famous soon enoughabig84 will become famous soon enough

had about 10 cars total come into work today, basically spent the whole day draining tanks. the gas really wasnt that bad, and 8 of the cars were running fine by the time they got there, must have burned out all the crap, i even put 5 gallons of the gas into my 86 and it runs fine. must have just been a little bit of water in there