Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Black or Chrome?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2010, 03:21 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future
Default Black or Chrome?

I just copied this over from my thread on GMFS... I've had a few guys bugging me about the chrome lol. Can I get this made into a Poll by a mod? With "Black or Chrome" as the options? Thanks.

So I'll be buying winter tires at some point (Insurance discount and peace of mind during the winter months) and depending on how astronomical the price of steel rims is I may buy some 17" rims for my truck (don't want to go bigger), but I can't decide if I should go black or chrome... This is the rim I want. I don't mind using the OEM rims during the winter because the clear is starting to peel on all 4 center caps and on the spokes of the RR rim... Essentially, if they want my first born for steelies (which happened before with my Blazer, ended up getting junkyard OEM rims) I'll get a set of the following:

While we're at it... what are stock dimensions of the 17's on the Z71? I'd like a little less backspacing so the wheels come closer to the edge of the flares, making them look less out of place.

I don't plan on colour matching (to the disappointment of many I know) but I don't plan on anymore chrome either, there's just enough for my taste on the body... I am leaning towards chrome rims though. What do you think?

And yes, I'm getting different flaps lmfao, I HATE these ones.

Old 05-28-2010, 03:32 PM
Beginning Member
XtreemeBlazer is on a distinguished road

I always been a fan of Black so that the way i would go. i think im the only Spanish person that the chrome lol.

Old 05-28-2010, 03:58 PM
CNYCountryKidd is on a distinguished road

Simple solution so that you get both choices. Black Chrome. If it doesn't come in that, buy the chrome one and get the black chrome paint that I saw at Advance the other day =]

Old 05-28-2010, 05:04 PM
jdespain is on a distinguished road

Black!!!!

Old 05-28-2010, 05:11 PM
blueblazer1982 is on a distinguished road

CHROME

theres a kid i go to school with that has those black rims and low profile tires and it looks like s***

if you want a "truck" look go with the chrome

Last edited by blueblazer1982; 05-28-2010 at 05:21 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 05-28-2010, 05:19 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Pat, I moved this to 'The Lounge' since it's not Blazer related. I think polls should only be created when they concern the general membership rather than an individual.
For what it's worth, though I normally like a chrome wheel on a black truck as a color splash, those black ones look so darned good, I'd have to choose them.

Old 05-28-2010, 05:26 PM
84BlazerS10 is on a distinguished road

Well depends if you want them to stick out or kinda blend in I personally like black and chrome or something along that lines, I would probably personally pick the black ones. I would try photoshoping both sets on and see what you like better.

Old 05-28-2010, 05:35 PM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about

Chrome.

Old 05-28-2010, 05:58 PM
RangerG will become famous soon enoughRangerG will become famous soon enough

Black. It will make your truck look really clean. You wouldn't have to worry about keeping the chrome clean all the time either.

Old 05-28-2010, 07:02 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Meh I wash the truck every 2nd day as it is lmfao... I reaaaalllly like the black rims but I don't know if I'd be better off with the contrast of the chrome. BUT black painted rims are much easier to maintain...

Quick Reply: Black or Chrome?