Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Blazer nice

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2012, 09:49 PM
Park is on a distinguished road
Cool Blazer nice

Blazer nice: when you stop on your way home from picking up dinner to help out a broken down minivan and it's high driver and end up towing them home just because your feeling good about your truck. I wish I had my gf with me so she could have taken pics of me towing a minivan.

Who else has done something like this?

Old 02-28-2012, 12:09 AM
Starting Member
gaspricessuckk is on a distinguished road

In a wheeling trail I towed my buddies lifted jeep out 3 miles in reverse up and down hills, rocks, etc etc broke one tow hook. IT was about a hour after I bought the blazer, it had a leak in the radiator and a coolant leak as well.

I have one pic somewhere.

Old 02-28-2012, 02:03 PM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

On my way back from class to my apartment, the blaze was parked in a parking lot. I got in the blaze and some guy asked me to help move his suburban to a parking spot because he was sitting there in the road and his burban was out of gas. So my brush guard slowly made contact with his back bumper and I pushed him to a parking spot. Then some chick ran him to the gas station lol.

Old 02-28-2012, 03:06 PM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

That's why I always keep a tow strap in the cargo area. Well that and I don't have a brush guard, or even an impact strip on my bumper. If I have to push you, we are both going to lose some paint.

Old 02-28-2012, 05:52 PM
Park is on a distinguished road

I always keep my two tow ropes and my jumper cables in the truck. I'll stick to pulling until the day I get a brush guard. Though the idea of ramming something with Thumper makes me laugh a little.

Old 02-28-2012, 08:31 PM
Thor_449 is an unknown quantity at this point

My tow strap is always with my truck. I've never gotten stuck (knock on wood) but I pulled a silver impala out after they thought a railroad crossing was a side road (the invisible trees were hiding the signs, lights, and arms). Their rear end was off the ground, and the passenger tire was wedged between the road and the rail making it impossible to turn the wheel and gravel ballast gave no traction to car tires. The cop, who was trying to wake up a tow truck at 1:00am, was glad I popped them right out.

Old 02-28-2012, 09:34 PM
war00 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Thor_449
My tow strap is always with my truck. I've never gotten stuck (knock on wood) but I pulled a silver impala out after they thought a railroad crossing was a side road (the invisible trees were hiding the signs, lights, and arms). Their rear end was off the ground, and the passenger tire was wedged between the road and the rail making it impossible to turn the wheel and gravel ballast gave no traction to car tires. The cop, who was trying to wake up a tow truck at 1:00am, was glad I popped them right out.
that is bloody funny right there!