Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Bolt on fender flares

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2018, 04:16 PM
N. Jensen is on a distinguished road

On a side note... Has Jungle Fender Flares always had a Canadian store?

Old 07-18-2018, 04:21 PM
BF Veteran
DonL is on a distinguished road

I'm not too sure on that one. When I was looking them last year or so, it came up in Ottawa Ontario, which is a few hours east of me... not sure if it's just an office, or if they produce some parts from there.

Old 07-18-2018, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by DonL
I'm not too sure on that one. When I was looking them last year or so, it came up in Ottawa Ontario, which is a few hours east of me... not sure if it's just an office, or if they produce some parts from there.
I got on just to look, and contacted them.
The guy sent me pics specific to a 4-door Blazer.

This one was a bit odd... I didn't think they sent anything with the flares to install them?

Anywho I am emailing for more pertinent info..

Old 07-19-2018, 09:39 AM
BF Veteran

Captainkirk got a set and installed them... they didn't come with any for his. I'm wondering if they started adding them...

Old 07-19-2018, 12:56 PM

Here's the email I recieved this morning from the guy who owns the company, Blake.

So no hardware, but it does give ya some ideas.

My local scrap yard prices fender flares for $15 each.
60 bucks is a lot better than 300.

Old 07-20-2018, 06:57 PM
Starting Member
Captain Kirk is on a distinguished road

let me start this out by saying I do have them I did buy them and this is just my personal opinion. Two of them, the front ones one of the two was poorly made it wasn't a quality piece. That piece I had a such a hard time getting it on it's already started cracking. okay when it comes to the the rear doors, the pieces that go on the door itself you know they said use strapping and screws and do this and that and everything. I tried doing that and the hardware i used, they rubbed on the inside door jamb. so what I ended up using was the 3M double-sided super strong tape and I ended up having to put a couple of screws in through them. I needed the flares to meet state laws because of my tire size/width. so like I said its just my personal opinion; get them if you must but if you don't need them I don't recommend them. On a side note, if you are going to get them and you are going to install them have a second person to help and also I had The Misfortune having to install mine during the winter; the fiberglass was so brittle and so hard to work with when it's cold I'd wait till summer if you're going to do it or install them in a heated place.

Jim

Last edited by Captain Kirk; 07-20-2018 at 07:03 PM. Reason: additional info
Old 07-20-2018, 07:28 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by DonL
I spoke to Blake b4 and after purchase...offices r in Canada but my flares were manufactured, packaged and shipped from Malaysia or Indonesia (been so long ago). So you order from them in Canada and they pass it on to 3rd world country for manufacture and shipping.
Blake was always polite and tried to help but I dont think we (4dr blazer owners) generated enough demand for them to put much into it past giving us something that would work. As best i could tell from looking at other pieces they offered for toyota, jeep, ford...etc... blazers were the only one done in glass vs blowmolded plastic for all others.
Jim

Old 07-20-2018, 08:42 PM

I did follow that thread you posted pics in, Kirk.
They look great on your truck, just don't think I personally wanna spend that much money on them... Especially after reading your review.
I was aware Jungle Fender Flares came from Indonesia, but didn't know they had an office in Canada.(Which doesn't matter cause they don't make or send them out from there!)

I would really like Blake to go back to Indonesia, and bring these to the States:

I would pay 300 bucks for these bad boys. They look similar to some of the other vehicle's flares they sell.

I will pick up some fender flares this weekend at the man mall, hopefully. No laws in Iowa against tires sticking out... Just like the look!

Old 07-20-2018, 08:55 PM
BF Veteran

I'll pay 400! And I'm Canadian..... God damn dollar value.....

Old 07-20-2018, 08:59 PM
Starting Member

I agree, would love to replace mine with those!