The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Bring Back The S-10 Blazer

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2011, 06:08 AM
Outsydr is an unknown quantity at this point

Since seeing this I just had to go find it myself http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Bring-Back-the-S-10-Blazer/250090813158

Old 01-07-2011, 10:59 AM
bigkhans is on a distinguished road

Abn, very little of the writing was mine, all I did was merge and edit what you and tfisher wrote. However tom did make some last minute changes that changed the scope of the whole petition, changes that I don't agree with. That being said there is a discussion section on the page for the "bring back the s10 blazer" where I have asked for some ideas for a new and better version of the blazer.

Old 01-09-2011, 01:01 PM
Starting Member
g_mike is on a distinguished road

they wont bring it back, and i dont think they can bring it back without a massive expense.
part of the reason the truck was discontinued and not redesigned is that all the workers at the factories had been there a long time, their cost to build them was too high, so in order to lay them all off without having to have big payouts to them they had to shut down the production completely and start a similar sized truck(colorado) but under a new name and in a new factory. if they ever brought this truck back they would probably have a legal obligation to re open the same warehouses(if they still owned them) and re hire all the overpaid workers and their massive pensions, medical and other costs....its just not possible for a truck that was being sold for $19grand its final year.

i just dont think there is much of a market for the S trucks.

Old 01-09-2011, 08:27 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

If there was no market for the S-Series, then why are they so plentiful? A why do they have a clone that goes by the name Colorado/Canyon and to a lesser extent, Equator?

As for help on the new petition, I dont have facebook, but I was able to follow the link provided above. If i can help, I would be happy to do so.

The best part is that they don't have to bring it back, all they have to do is bring it up from SA.

Old 01-09-2011, 08:36 PM
BF Veteran
DKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the rough

The sad thing is I can't tell you how many sales I have lost to Jeep because GM does not have any 4 wheel drive suv's that don't start at $40,000+. The current line up of GM crossovers are nice but are not designed for what we like to do. My fellow sales people at my dealership have made mention of this to our area rep but I don't see any changes in the future.

Old 01-09-2011, 08:54 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

just gotta check what the cost to import one would be... if you had the cash, and could ship it over, a Brazil-zer would be a nice score.

I dont know what the hell these are supposed to be,

but if this poorly written page is any example of what we might end up with... then the name should stay dead imo
ALSO a touch less Photoshop wouldn't hurt

Last edited by ABN31B; 01-09-2011 at 08:59 PM.
Old 01-09-2011, 09:37 PM
Starting Member
g_mike is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by DKSDAD
The sad thing is I can't tell you how many sales I have lost to Jeep because GM does not have any 4 wheel drive suv's that don't start at $40,000+. The current line up of GM crossovers are nice but are not designed for what we like to do. My fellow sales people at my dealership have made mention of this to our area rep but I don't see any changes in the future.
its true, gm is loosing a lot because they only have a fullsize suv, and not a mid sized..(also no vans...bad bad move...can you say bye bye fleet sales?)
it can be argued the equanox may be the "new van" yes, i would rather the equanox over a uplander..but i hate vans and try selling a company a bunch or crossovers when they really want a stripped down mini van to load tools in...not happening.

there is a market for gm to have a midsized REAL suv built on a truck frame, but the cost to bring it back under the blazer name would cost a lot...if they were smart they would make a colorado suv, there is no need to have the colorado and s10 in the same linup, you are just going to be confusing your customers...sometimes more choices makes people back away, even when they are all infront of you...ask any salesman, they wont point out another vehicle when they have someone hooked on another and all they gotta do is reel them in.

maybe now that GM ditched the h2 and h3 they can bring in a midsized truck based suv...hell call it the tahoe2 and i bet that would sell.
the blazer is a tuff truck for what it is, but its a far way from being competitive without some major upgrades and redesigning...remember the latest body came out in the mid 90s and just had minor changes..

Old 01-09-2011, 10:15 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by g_mike
they wont bring it back, and i dont think they can bring it back without a massive expense.
part of the reason the truck was discontinued and not redesigned is that all the workers at the factories had been there a long time, their cost to build them was too high, so in order to lay them all off without having to have big payouts to them they had to shut down the production completely and start a similar sized truck(colorado) but under a new name and in a new factory. if they ever brought this truck back they would probably have a legal obligation to re open the same warehouses(if they still owned them) and re hire all the overpaid workers and their massive pensions, medical and other costs....its just not possible for a truck that was being sold for $19grand its final year.

i just dont think there is much of a market for the S trucks.
No sir... they pulled the same stunt with the Camaro, it was to be built in Quebec in the former Camaro plants, but in a last minute decision they broke their promise and moved the new plant to Oshawa ON. Laws may be different in the states, but unless the law is there they have no obligation to re-open the old plants.

Old 01-09-2011, 11:16 PM
Red 96' will become famous soon enoughRed 96' will become famous soon enough

C'mon guys and gals! There is only 84 signatures on the petition, we need supporters!

Old 01-09-2011, 11:47 PM
Starting Member
JTalley is on a distinguished road

I would love to help, because I was having a similar idea of bringing the Blazer back, but I don't have a Facebook. Anyway, I've seen the Brazilian manufactured Blazers. Not in person, but pics. They're recognizable as the Blazer we've come to love, but they have a few obvious body differences. It looks great, in my opinion.

Quick Reply: Bring Back The S-10 Blazer