Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

CAI sound

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2011, 01:25 AM
97cherryblazer will become famous soon enough97cherryblazer will become famous soon enough
Default CAI sound

So i have heard plenty of other CAI's on my friends cars and what not and they sounded like little turbos, you could really hear the air being sucked in. now on mine i cant really hear anything, unless i open the hood. BUT i do just have the cheap spectre filter on there right now, so do different filters make different sounds? Im just curious to know if anyone else can hear their CAI on their blazers.

I found this video, i dont know if this blazer has a CAI or a turbo but if that whistling sound (kind of in second half of video) is coming from a CAI thats impressive.
4.3 blazer exhaust, thrush welded muffler - YouTube

Old 11-06-2011, 08:15 AM
litterbug will become famous soon enough

i also have a cheap spectre kit on my truck. i know it cant really be heard with the hood closed either. what i did was pick up a new nicer hood and then i turned the metal tube upside down, then cut a hole in my old hood and ta da!!! a halfway snorkel. and it sounds amazing. you can hear it sucking air in at idle. and it makes a cool whoosh sound when you shut the car off. i can even scare people that walk past the front of my car by giving the throttle a quick tap. they look at me like what the hell was that??? lol. anyways here is what it looks like.

Old 11-06-2011, 08:23 AM
mykeboy01 is on a distinguished road

I have the K&N CAI kit. I recently switched back to the oiled filter, and boy do I love it! You can hear it sucking in the air with a whoosh at idle, and when you thomp on the pedal...hehe! (HEMI POWER)...j/k, but it sounds awesome! Not turbo-y imo, although our engines give off a generic whine, kinda like a turbo.

Old 11-06-2011, 05:26 PM
97cherryblazer will become famous soon enough97cherryblazer will become famous soon enough

lol litterbug thats an interesting set up. that would probably annoy me when im driving down the road tho. but mykeboy i was thinking s K&N might sound better. i do have a flow master muffler so that probably trumps the intake sound in the cab, which would also be a good reason why i cant hear it.

Edit: litterbug i just looked at your pic again! and you have the same tires as me and the same rims (well same as my other pair) and i have been wanting to paint the rims black but didnt know what it would look like on my tires. now i know lol. looks like you have the chevy symbol white tho, and im probably going to paint mine red. you dont regret painting them black do you? jw..

Last edited by 97cherryblazer; 11-06-2011 at 05:29 PM.
Old 11-07-2011, 06:48 AM
litterbug will become famous soon enough

i love how they are painted. probably my favorite mod to the truck was painting the wheels and herculinering the rockers and stuff. that and the spare tire carrier. lol. and i taped off the chevy symbol when i did it. i wanted to be different than some people you see who just spray everything black. now the only chrome on my truck is the grill. and that will change shortly too. lol.

Old 11-08-2011, 02:14 PM
Mike98Blazer will become famous soon enough

I can't hear mine with the hood closed either.

That's definately a turbo in the video.