Notices
The Lounge For casual talk about things unrelated to Blazers (ie. Off-Topic).

Camaro ZL1 Inspires Ford Mustang Shelby GT500

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2011, 07:57 PM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default Camaro ZL1 Inspires Ford Mustang Shelby GT500

Nice story really. Basically, all mustang shelby gt500 owners of the 2013 model can thank Chevy for making Ford build a decent vehicle.

Have a read... Chevy>Ford

By the way, the Chief Engineer of the Camaro ZL1 says "You're Welcome" to the Ford engineers building the 2013 mustang shelby gt500. Finally no more crappy mustangs. Ford has to actually build a decent mustang this time.

I'll be in trouble when pettyfog gets in here... Uh oh!

Old 11-19-2011, 08:14 PM
AuSSenseiter is on a distinguished road

Freaking Awesome!

Old 11-19-2011, 08:20 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

2x ^^

Old 11-21-2011, 10:01 AM
Starting Member
grizzstang is on a distinguished road

I would take a Mustang GT500 hands down over a Camaro without hesitation.

Ford can thank him for putting track suspension on a car. Yea he is a real innovator alright.

Old 11-21-2011, 11:23 AM
BF Veteran
pettyfog has a spectacular aura aboutpettyfog has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by tibby
Nice story really. Basically, all mustang shelby gt500 owners of the 2013 model can thank Chevy for making Ford build a decent vehicle.
I'll be in trouble when pettyfog gets in here... Uh oh!
Sometimes it's really hard to tell the difference between

and

My 2003 Cobra/GT/Base 3.8L can beat your 2003 Camaro whatever, on the street, track, or strip.. you pick!
Get it?

CamaBird owners can thank Ford for keep the species alive.. while GM stupidly thought commercials like this would sell cars:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euwshCke0-s

Here's news, you idiots.. it's secretaries and librarians keep the platform profitable. It wouldnt surprise me if some of you still dont understand that so if you require it, I'll explain it to you in simple words.

Small reliable V-8, high volume production captures imagination of street rodders, creates huge aftermarket for performance parts.
Ford V-8 1932
Chevrolet small block 1955

Inexpensive personal sport coupe/roadster popular with street rodders:
Ford 1932
Ford 1965

Just to show you I aint just Ford biased..
Best innovation in modern small displacement power adders on production cars:
Buick 3800 Regal turbo T-type, GN etc.
- They had the fails on the Pontiacs in mid sixties to help them.
__________________________________________________ _______________________________

Originally Posted by grizzstang
Ford can thank him for putting track suspension on a car. Yea he is a real innovator alright.
Cause, like Ford had NO CLUE all those years, that guys were putting Panhards, modified IRS, and every other track suspension existing on those Foxbody 5.0 notchbacks and racing them at Laguna Seca.
Cause like Ford dont know crap about no track racing..
Quick.. name GM equivalent of Ford GT!
{crickets}

If it weren't for Zora Arkus Duntov, we all be the worse for it... and wouldnt be arguing about this.
__________________________________________________ _
Face saving:

http://media.gm.com/content/media/us...10_motorsports

Last edited by pettyfog; 11-21-2011 at 12:25 PM.
Old 11-23-2011, 04:57 PM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

I just like messing around Petty. No offense intended. I'm an equal opportunity offender (everyone).

Old 11-23-2011, 05:42 PM
BF Veteran
pettyfog has a spectacular aura aboutpettyfog has a spectacular aura about
Cool

Originally Posted by tibby
I just like messing around Petty. No offense intended. I'm an equal opportunity offender (everyone).
No offense Tibby. Gives me an excuse to pontificate.

Just that that guys is an idiot putting the best face possible on his car. That probably wouldnt even be made if Ford had cut the Mustang out of the lineup.

Remember this guys.. for every Edsel, there's an Aztek. For every Pinto a Corvair.

For every Taurus, a Citation.. oh.. wait. Make that for every 10 Taurii, a Citation!

Heh...

Old 11-24-2011, 10:38 AM

Hey hey hey there pettyfog, I happen to very much like the little Citation. So much so that I own the worlds largest Citation memorbilia collection. Sure there were some made that didnt measure up but counter point would be the citation X-11. That model was built as a full spec rally race car that anyone could buy. YES this was an actual race car, not like the decal car called a camaro IROC. And it has a direct link to the muscle cars of your era. The Citation was the replacement for the Nova and when you got the X-11 package it came with the Z-19 suspension which was the RPO code for early camaro's.
I currently own a very nicely optioned '81 Citation XS which was a combination between the base model and the X-11 and enjoy it very much.
No fear, everythings all good.

Old 11-24-2011, 12:03 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

You Europeans and your rally cars...

One of the reasons I wouldn't mind living on the other side of the pond...

Old 11-24-2011, 12:28 PM

Oktain, lol! Europeans? No buddy, I'm actually an American. I live in Florida if that helps. The name AuSSenseiter is German and it has a story. Though I was born in the US, I was made in Germany. The translation comes out to "outsider" or "mischief maker" so to pay homage to my true roots & my view on many things I have named my company AuSSenseiter Motor Sports.

Quick Reply: Camaro ZL1 Inspires Ford Mustang Shelby GT500